SlashMcCoy strop review

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lightcs1776, Apr 7, 2020.

1. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I have very little experience using strops, having only owned a poor man's strop, which has been great to learn on. However, @Slash McCoy recently offered a much better quality strop on his website at a very reasonable price. It is significantly wider and heavier than my current strop, so I placed an order, which was quickly shipped and received. I have used it a few times now and appreciate the quality of the strop. My wife really liked how it looks, as it is well built. I highly recommend anyone looking for an affordable, yet quality, strop, to check these out.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nice, Chris. I am sure your wife appreciates you hanging your strop on the refrigerator. ;)

SilverSwarfer, Jim99 and Keithmax like this.
  3. lightcs1776

Ha ha ha. Actually, she is the one holding the strop for the picture, but she didn't want to be in the picture.

Primotenore and gssixgun like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Chris, nice looking strop. What’s the length and width of it?

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :) I knew that. I was just being silly. Nice strop. I will ask you how you hang your strops? I have mine "hooked" at about eye level, so I am stropping about 80˚ up and down. I tried the below, but I found myself bending over.

lightcs1776 and DaltonGang like this.
  6. lightcs1776

I am thinking of putting a hook on the door, or the bath towel bar, which is where the last strop stayed.

7. lightcs1776

It is 3" wide and I believe 18" long.

Jim99 likes this.
  8. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

Thanks for setting off the lightbulb in my head. I think I will start shipping these with an S hook and maybe a loop of paracord, for more hanging options. I never thought of that cause I have hooks in the house, in the shop, and on both boats, for hanging strops. Or maybe I might include a wall hook and wood screws. Food for thought. First timers might well not have a convenient hook to hang their new strop from.

When traveling I sometimes use an S hook hooked over the bathroom door hinge. If you do that, remember to remove the hook before closing the door! Home Depot has them with all the shackles and other chain and cable related hardware.

Edison Carter, Jim99 and Primotenore like this.
  9. lightcs1776

Paracord is great, but a simple hook would work well too. I have many here, so I won't have any problems getting it hung.

Jim99 likes this.