Sleep number beds

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ordinaryshaver, Apr 26, 2019.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Some of y'all know I suffer from chronic back, knee, and hip pain. Well it just occurred to me today, that I didn't tell y'all the one thing that has helped more than pills, exercise, therapy or surgery.

I bought a sleep number bed about a year or so ago. It is AWESOME! I am a side sleeper, so I have pressure points that are all in line. I'm a higher number sleeper. Mine is at a 65.
    I notice I sleep better, and it has been quite a difference in my pain. It is also great for my wife, as she is a number 35.

Not trying to sell anything, or pushing anything either. Just wanted to put it out there. They are good, and have a 25 year warranty.
    Anyone else have them? What do y'all think?

Frijolero, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool..good to have a solid source of pain relief..good sleep is a necessity..

ordinaryshaver and Hembree like this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I have back and hip pain from scoliosis and a mis-spent youth.
    I used to have what I called a red neck sleep number bed- an air mattress:). More air for more firmness. I have a custom extra firm now that Is pretty good. (My wife calls it a concrete slab.) She has the softer Mama bear version mattress ( on her side of the adjustable base).

ordinaryshaver, Hembree and brit like this.
  4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

The Sleep Number is on my list of things to buy. It's just out of my range right now. I have tested them a couple of times. I struggle with pressure points while sleeping and could see it being a huge benefit to both my wife and I as we have different preferences in mattress firmness.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

I was looking at them, but I ended up with a temporpedic with the adjustable base. A good mattress is an amazing thing!

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have been using the sleep number bed since 2003, when I had a herniated disc cut out of me. I prefer #55.

ordinaryshaver and brit like this.
  7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I've had one for a few years, best bed I've ever had.

ordinaryshaver and brit like this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I bought one about 10 years ago. No regrets!

Addendum; Before buying it, we had stayed at a Radisson Hotel, where they had them. After using one for a couple of days, we knew that we wanted one.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Bama Samurai, ordinaryshaver and brit like this.
  9. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I couldn't afford one of those. I suffer from a neck with a reversed curve and my mow low spine goes a little to the left. So after alot of research, I switched out my pillow for a sobawaka pillow (Japanese pillow made of buckwheat hulls to create a form fitting pillow.) That helped a good amount. After that, I ended up trading a western bed for a Japanese futon. Mild foam on the floor with a roll a away mattress. That seems to be the ticket for me.

10. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

What pillow did you exactly buy? I'm in need of new pillows myself.

Hembree and brit like this.
  11. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Hembree, BigMark83 and brit like this.
  12. ordinaryshaver

I'll have to look into that as well, thanks.

My first experience with the bed was doubtful, but swmbo talked me into trying one. I put it off for a couple of years. Now I wish we had bought one sooner.
    The family we have had come over and spend the night, sometimes get a bit put off, but they all say the same thing " we slept great"

It is a bit expensive,but for much less chronic pain it is worth every penny to me.

Erik Redd, Zykris and brit like this.
  13. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Just a side note: you cannot the pillows in the wash as it will ruin the buckwheat. Make sure to put a pillow cover over it and all is good.

Hembree, BigMark83 and brit like this.
  14. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Some of the best sleep I have ever had was on the four inch foam mattress' in our camper.

brit and Zykris like this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

When you have guests over, do you all sleep in the same bed?

brit and Hembree like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

:D

Hembree likes this.
  17. ordinaryshaver

We actually have 2. One in the master, which is the brand new one. The one in the guest room is the mother in law older model.

brit and Erik Redd like this.