Smelling like a Dad.

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Badger-Face, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

It's funny. I remember my dad coming out Sunday mornings before church smelling like either Stetson, Old Spice, Aqua Velva musk aftershaves. And Vitalis hair tonic in his hair. He didn't wet shave very much so those smells were not around for my childhood but the barbersol can goo with mental did add a little something to the smell. I always thought we he smells old. I wouldn't ware that stuff. (As I put my Tommy on) I'm 31 now so, that was too long ago and now I use most of those products and then some. I still haven't broke into using Old Spice yet but will probably at some point in time. I still like my modern colognes like Diesel, Bon Jovi's stuff, Tim McGraw, lucky number. The list goes on. Just got a sample pack of commodity cologne and perfume which has some neat scents like whiskey and moss. But I just put those on for certain occasions. I use more traditional aftershaves now that mix well with the scents from my other products. Now my son can have the memories of the way I smell on Sunday mornings before church(and every other day too) What do you like?

This was meant as a comment on my wife's thread Smelling like a Man but I got carried away and thought this could just be my next thread lol.

[​IMG]

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Bee's would chase me when my mom would put Vitalis in my hair. :scared011:

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I sniffed vitalis at a local CVS recently while I was reaching for the tube of Brylcream. Sorry, but Vitalis doesn't smell like a dad, it smells like a grandpa. Tho, it's not as bad as "the veg." ;)

4. Badger-Face

LOL.

5. richgem

I think a teflon coating would produce less shine. lol.
    And would certainly look less greasy.

Badger-Face likes this.
  6. Badger-Face

Lol My dad was born in 55 and has probably used Vitalis since his first hairs lol. Its says it's lemon but I don't know. I think it smells good after a while but, right out of the bottle it's a little harsh. I think my grandpa used something in a tube. Probably Brylcreem.

7. richgem

I remember that one of my great-aunts (who needed a shave, btw) had lace doilies on all the furniture head rests in her living room due to "hair dressing" stains from the men-folk.

8. Badger-Face

That pictures shows it like that but I could put half a bottle in my hair and it wouldn't be in the least bit greasy and only have that healthy looking shine you try to get with good shampoos. I use waxes and pomade so I know greasy lol.

9. Badger-Face

lol

10. richgem

Been there; got the t-shirt. lol.

DentonMajik and Badger-Face like this.
  11. richgem

I don't often go the "hair oil" route, but when I do .. it's dos eqques... I mean um... Tres Flores liquid. And it smells nice too. (kinda light floral/powdery)

Badger-Face likes this.
  12. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Brylcreem is the "Greasy Kid Stuff".

:rofl:

13. Badger-Face

I really didn't mean for this thread to be all about the hair tonic lol. It went that way though. ;)

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  14. richgem

So they say, but clearly someone was just using too much. :eek:

Badger-Face likes this.
  15. richgem

Well, if you use enough brylcreem, you can smell like a sheep instead of a wet badger. And now we're back to where we started. :D

Badger-Face likes this.
  16. Badger-Face

Is there video or just sound cause sound is all ima gettin.

17. richgem

I've got vid

18. Badger-Face

:happy108:

richgem likes this.
  19. Badger-Face

I get it in your quote but not the original post. Man it's hard to type with a two year old jumping on you. Lol.

20. richgem

Strange. Blame the kid....blocking the Wi-Fi signal out something. Lol.

Paul Turner and GDCarrington like this.