Snow night

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by over5feet, Dec 3, 2010.

1. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

Popped out around 18hrs (pitch black by then) and took this with my Nikon D90 and 18/50 lens no flash and just let what ever ambient light enter the lens

Attached Files:

2. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Outstanding! Where is this?

3. blood_type_O

blood_type_O New Member

Beautiful. Makes me almost not loathe cold weather.

4. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

This is Canterbury in Kent in England

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Very lovely.

6. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

It's high 30s-low 40s here and for Florida that kind of "cold" is borderline catastrophic. I didn't see snow until I was 18 and in the Air Force. I always thought I was missing something really cool never seeing snow so when I went in the military I was all too eager to volunteer for snowy places. Of course Uncle Sam was equally eager to oblige anyone willing to go to places like this. I only had 1 no snow assignment in 25+ years (the Philippines). My cold assignments leaned toward extremely cold with 6 years in Fairbanks, Alaska (please, we used to call Anchorage "the Banana Belt") and two and a half years in Iceland. Most of the rest of the time in the Northwest (Idaho and Washington State). After all that, when it came time to retire I decided to come home and while snow is indeed lovely, if, for the rest of my life I only see it in pictures or movies, I'll never lose a second of sleep. I've seen all the snow I care to in person.

7. over5feet

over5feet Active Member

Well now your just showing off (smile) mind you it is a little warmer from last night and is now -1 not -7 this was the other photo I took at the same time, place and with same lens

Attached Files:

8. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Those could be postcard pics...very nice. We on the front range of CO have not had any snow of significance this year. The Rockies have been getting hit hard, but not down here. Haven't had any accumulation at my place yet. Heck there's only been two or so days when I awoke to a thin skiff on the lawn which disappeared as soon as the sun hit. After over a decade in AZ I look forward to a bit of snow in the winter. Not happening this year apparently.

9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

If you were in the South Metro you'd have had a bit more snow. 3" on my lawn one day. Some years that's flipped the other way. Still, we've had it really easy so far.