So who went to see the eclipse or could see it at home?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redfisher, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I drove to Greenville SC to see it and had an excellent time. Completely amazing experience and a wonderful city.

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I could see it from the parking lot at work, (North county, Saint Louis, MO). My daughter and her friends were six miles south and got the 100% effect.

Redfisher likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    We stayed home and watched it. It was only 99% here. We could have driven 35 miles and seen the totality, but we just stayed home and enjoyed the 99%.

Redfisher likes this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

At work here in Central NJ it was cloudy, so it kinda reminded me of a day right before it rains. Non-event really.

gorgo2 and Redfisher like this.
  5. JohnDB

JohnDB Well-Known Member

Seen it totally here in Nashville TN.

Took the day off to stay away from the crazies driving. So did everyone else.
    There were going to be some rooftop parties...but Vanderbilt cancelled them. Sat in a lawn chair and watched.

Redfisher likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

In NYC, we got about 75% coverage. It was sunny for most of the day, so I was able to view it from my home. A friend & I made a day of it.

Redfisher likes this.
  7. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

"watched" from home...the thing I thought was cool, was how much the temp. dropped and how long it took to warm back up once the sun was back out...it takes some time for the heat to travel.

Redfisher likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My sister sent me video of 100% blackout at my folk's house. Wish I was there; our 97% was not very impressive. But I did get to see the crescent shadows as it passed, so I'm happy.

As it was approaching the peak, did anyone else notice the landscape taking on a very weird, indescribable color?

Redfisher likes this.
  9. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

My wife and I drove from Seattle down to the area south of Salem, Oregon, right on the center path of totality. We had glorious clear skies Monday morning. Unforgettable experience!

I have seriously started thinking about April 8, 2024, and where I want to be.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Redfisher likes this.