So, you're all invited to my funeral...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Raven312, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

which should be shortly once the SO finds out what I've done. As some of you know, I've been looking for my birth year Fatboy (G3, specifically) and was leaning very heavily towards a Mergress XL, which I could have gotten at a good (considering) price.
    Well... I had something of a "compromise"... I ended up with my G3 Fatboy AND... a Merkur Futur, which I bought used. The price of the two was a tiny bit more than the new Mergress XL (at the price I would have gotten it for) and about what I've seen Fatboys in this condition sell for on Ebay. I am DEFINITELY done razor shopping. Done.

Now... how to make that fly with the SO...??? Pray for me! Fatboy.JPG Futur.jpg

2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

In this case, if I may quote a famous blues song..cryin' won't help ya and prayin' won't do ya no good..lol. Congrats..:p

3. Raven312

LOL By the time I get home (did all this damage from work), I have to figure out how I'm going to wiggle my way through this. I'm only supposed to have two total. I will now have four total. Maybe I'll keep the three adjustables and extend my non-buying period. Wonder if I can call it an early birthday present. :angelic007:

178-bplatoon likes this.
  4. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

:rofl:

Good luck, my friend! At least you made your "last" purchases great ones :) Maybe she'll give you credit for starting a support thread for folks on temporary buying bans? Like the "anti-haul". :D

Leo K. and Raven312 like this.
  5. Raven312

Now that's a thought! I'll try to sell her on all the good I can do... :happy102:

ohpaos likes this.
  6. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

Start the first two passes with the Futur. Then clean up the final pass with the Fatboy. Tell her you NEED both of them to get a good shave. ;)

BigT likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Buy her something VERY nice.

srpavko likes this.
  8. Raven312

I'm on it! I'll have that figured out by the time I get home, too...

9. Raven312

My saving grace is that I can easily sell both of them for at least what I paid. If I really like them both I can't let it come to that. I don't have any issue with selling the Merkur 180, but at closer glance it seems strange having 3 adjustables only.

10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

YES YES thats it,, you had NO choice you NEEDED both...:) I'm sure she will understand....All I can add is don't feel alone I've done the same thing and more than once....She probably won't divorce you, but you will PAY!!! AHHH the suffering we must bear to feed the shaving monkey....:(

BEAUTIFUL RAZORS>>>>>:shaver

Leo K. and BigT like this.
  11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

srpavko, 178-bplatoon and BigT like this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

"I am DEFINITELY done razor shopping. Done."

Sure you are ;)

BigT likes this.
  13. Raven312

She's cool with it! She was sold on the part where I said that if I sold them I could get all of my money back rather easily. The slippers that she's wanted didn't hurt, either. :D Had to laugh at the part where she said "Oh, so you spent MORE money on me so that I wouldn't get mad at you spending too much money in the first place?!!" LOL

Leo K. likes this.
  14. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I hope she's a blonde......lol

15. Raven312

:happy097:

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Be sure to leave a note as to which products to use for your last shave. :angelic007:

Raven312 likes this.
  17. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

She sounds like a keeper...You better be nice to that lady....:)

Raven312 likes this.
  18. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

They were both Razors that you needed. They will last you at least another 25 to 30yrs.
    That's what <$1 a month!
    Enjoy with no guilt.

Raven312 likes this.
  19. Raven312

She'll inherit! LOL

20. Raven312

Couldn't get any better. I'm going to be especially nice now. I was weaker than I thought I would be (but not weaker than she thought I would be! LOL) and she forgave. She said she's actually glad I have gotten the buying spree out of the way. She knew it was coming.