Soap-Cream Rotations, Days of the Week

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Michael_W, May 4, 2019.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Presumably we all have enough soaps and creams that we get to have a daily rotation, but since my collection is large enough now that I can do a different soap or cream for every day of the week, I've made a rotation based on the product's first letter matching up with the day.

Sunday (Variable)
    Monday - Mitchell's Woll Fat
    Tuesday - Tabac
    Wednesday - Williams
    Thursday - Taylor of Old Bond Street
    Friday - Very Cherry (Oleo)
    Saturday - Stirling (Scots Pine Sheep)

What's your rotation?

2. b1hart

b1hart Well-Known Member

I don't know if I could be that organized...

Shave soaps, and to a smaller degree, creams, have turned into a rabbit hole for me. They're so (relatively) inexpensive. The 30DC is an enabling thread (in a good way) :eatdrink047:. Some of them probably could go a month, two, or more and never use the same soap/cream. Me....maybe two and a half weeks. And....I'll be narrowing to about 2 weeks rotation. A few I've acquired either have no scent (to me), or the aroma just doesn't work in my world.

I really like Proraso, TOBS, Wholly Kaw, Ogallala, Lather & Wood, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Castle Forbes, GFT, Cella, Arko, Stirling, SirHare, Williams...a few of those I have several flavors. Probably leaving out a handful or so (the herd getting thinned).

I don't have any other big ticket habits or hobbies....so wet shaving gets my allowance. Of course what's left of it after the wifey and kids :innocent !

3. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I have 11 soaps in my rotation and only shave about 4 days a week.

Weekends I usually reach for. Mikes, SV, Mystic Waters or Sudsy Soapery.

Weekdays it's usually Cella or Haslinger but sometimes WSP, Irisch Moos cream, Panna Crema Lavandoto.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have 30 + soaps and creams. The only day nailed down is Williams Wednesday.

b1hart, Michael_W, Jrdelgado and 2 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

no set rotation, mood chooses..

Michael_W, Jrdelgado, b1hart and 2 others like this.
  6. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

Let's see .. what do I feel like today? Oh, that smells good. ;) Tomorrow I think ... I'll wait until tomorrow. :)

Michael_W, Jrdelgado, b1hart and 3 others like this.
  7. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

I don't know where half of my soaps are at but ... the important ones are the ones that I use on a daily basis. :) DSC_1530.JPG DSC_1531.JPG DSC_1532.JPG DSC_1533.JPG DSC_1534.JPG

Michael_W and brit like this.
  8. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

brit and MacDaDad like this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I got to where I was using the same soaps (and creams) all the time. I store them out of my shave den, so, I know start a new week on Sundays. I use the same soap for a full week, then change out. I use the same razor, soap, brush, and A/S. It means I get to go through my entire "collection''.

I have so many different razors, that sometimes I even forget about ones and then I get to use them for a full week and remember why I like them again.

Michael_W, brit and MacDaDad like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

11. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I pretty much go with Proraso Green-line products from spring to fall. During these months I may use Proraso White or Nivea Men Sensitive Shave cream, or Barbasol Soothing Aloe combined with the P-Green soap. Once September rolls around and cooler days show up I switch over to my trusty Tabac and Cella soaps. Mid-week variety is accomplished with the summer combinations, or in the fall, alternating switcheroos.

brit and Michael_W like this.