Soap logistics question

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JPJ, Sep 2, 2014.

1. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

I know many people have multiple types of soaps and what not ... My question is do you have a mug for each one? Or remove them after each use?

And finally I know some guys load the brush then lather in a separate bowl of some sort ... Can this be anything ? Or is there a specific good type made for lathering prior to going to the face ?

My experience has been minimal but I find that I don't get any lather until I squeeze the brush up ... Is this normal?

Thanks

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Some of my soaps are in mugs and others in bowls or seal tight containers like Anchor Hocking containers.

A bowl the size of a softball works well. Some use large coffee mugs that are rounded on the bottom.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I keep my soaps in their own containers and load my brush in the container and either lather in a bowl or my face. It can be anything, mine's a ceramic white bowl I bought for $1.49.

Yep, squeezing the brush is good practice, I've found.

4. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

Thanks for the quick response!

5. Bowler Mike

Bowler Mike Well-Known Member

I have not tried a soap just CJ Bigalow in a tube. When your mixing the soap either from the sealable tub or mug do rinse any of lather off the top of the soap or does any left over lather just harden up again?

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

All my soaps/crops have their own containers. This is a great place to buy containers.

7. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

Very good source, thanks ... Which ones from there do you like?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Amber PET Round Heavywall Jars are excellent.

Omelmad likes this.
  9. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I just leave it how it is. No harm no foul.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Each soap goes into its own small, clear glass bowl, each bowl is kept in a ziplock bag to keep dust out (with near 50 soaps in the rotation, it's can be a while before the one used today comes around again). I get the bowls at the Dollar Store, 3 for a buck.
    After loading the brush, I go to a separate lather bowl (most of what I have are soup/chowder bowls) to whip up the lather to my liking.

11. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I also keep them in containers, but my source for containers wont help you because i live in Sweden.

I face lather. I have started to load the brush with soap/cream and start hand lathering and when I notice the lather starts to build I go to my face. I have found that this way I don't "wash off" all the preshave oil I have messaged into my beard =)

12. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I keep mine in Ziploc storage containers that stack easily under the sink out of sight.

13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I have an assortment. +1 for Specialty Bottle, RazorBurn123's link.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I use the Ikea Grundtal containers.
    A quality item with magnets on the back. Perfect to stick to my metal closet and shelves

Bobcat and Omelmad like this.
  15. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I got some of those to. I got my stirling samples pressed into them. They Work very well!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    Norseman likes this.