SOLD: 1934 Gillette Aristocrat

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jfever311, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

SOLD

As we all know, Gillette introduced the TTO Aristocrat in 1934, and for the Christmas season they sold them in this nice 24 carat gold plated case. This particular razor is an early 1934 model, which you can tell by the open rivet work shown on the jointing.

Here we have a pretty nice example of that razor. It functions flawlessly, and is in excellent cosmetic condition, with only slight signs of use and wear on the silo doors. Even the blade case in excellent condition. The interior of the case is also in awesome condition, with the purple velvet having very minor wear. The exterior of the case is also in good condition. It does have some spotting, and could use a gentle polishing. It looks a lot better than the pictures show.

Considering the rarity of the Christmas Edition 1934 Aristocrat, it could fetch quite a high price, but this one is not a museum piece.

So, I am only asking for $75 shipped CONUS. International members can PM me for an exact shipping quote. For the asking price I will include five Astra Platinums inside the gold blade case, and some large sample jars of various creams I personally love.

Pm me if you are interested in it.

Jason

Attached Files:

2. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Bump w/ price reduction.

The ONLY price reduction!

3. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

4. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

This is a stunning rare razor

And one of the best shavers out there

5. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Okay guys. I know what I said, but ONE LAST PRICE REDUCTION!!

$75 shipped CONUS

6. If I had noticed this a week ago, I'd have bought it.
    Someone please buy this and remove the temptation.

:ashamed001

7. Mojavered

Mojavered New Member

How do you know what year that is? I have the exact same razor, but am not sure what the date is. Thanks!

8. Pureslab

Pureslab New Member

PM Sent

9. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Well, I know this one for sure because of two characteristics that are unique to the 1934 model.

1. The exposed rivets on the jointing. Actually, the '34 Aristocrat was made with both exposed and sealed, but the latter did not happen until toward the end of the run. So, being that mine does have the exposed, it is from the first part of the run.

2. The case in particular was ONLY sold during the Christmas season of 1934. It was a special "upscale" model.

10. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

PM received.

This one is SOLD.

Thank you TSD!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.