SOLD HolyRollah - Eight (8) Straight Razors

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by HolyRollah, Jul 6, 2017.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Okay, I've slowly begun to thin the herd of straight razors and wanted to give you gents at TSD the first chance at purchasing these before I consider taking them to the 'bay.

Shave ready? Call me skeptical, but I've heard that story before...
    I've honed and used all of these razors a number of times and, in my estimation, I consider each of these razors for sale a truly 'shave-ready' razor. For those who desire 'further' edge refinement, knock yourself out—but for most, I believe these razors will do the job quite nicely as is.

PLEASE NOTE: I have cleaned up them up, but they have NOT been COMPLETELY RESTORED — meaning they may have surface scale and blade imperfections, but nothing that compromises the use as a reliable and efficient shaving tool. The prices reflect this condition.

Buyers in the CONUS, preferred. Shipping & handling (USPS Priority; insured) $7.00
    If you're outside the continental US, and you just gotta have a particular razor, plus you don't mind paying the additional shipping charges, we can probably work something out.
    All payments made via PayPal.

So here we go...

1. Frederick Reynolds (Sheffield, Eng) 5/8" 'Rattler' (SOLD)
    Cleaned, polished and honed. Lovely shaver. Long-bladed rattler grinds (mid 1800s) are a kick to use. $40 (plus shipping)
    (See link at bottom to see all photos)
    [​IMG]

2. Clauss (Fremont, OH) 6/8" full-hollow ground (SOLD)
    Stag/Oak adorned scales. Odd two-toned coloration to the celluloid scales due to possible sun exposure (?). All original, from the mid-1900s. Cleaned, polished and honed. $45 (plus shipping)
    [​IMG]

3. Frederick Fenney 'TALLY HO' (Sheffield, Eng) 5/8" (SOLD)
    Fenney 'Tally Ho' razors are fairly rare and are wonderful shavers—at least the ones I've had the pleasure of using. I happen to personally prefer the larger Tally blades and so am letting this Tally loose. This one is all original (1840-1850), with some evident hone wear but the overall condition of this 170+ year old razor is quite good. Cleaned, polished and honed. $50 (plus shipping)
    [​IMG]

4. GRS (Gebrüder Richartz & Söhne) 9207 'Craftsman' (Solingen, Ger) 13/16" (SOLD)
    This Solingen-made razor dates from the mid-1900s, large hollow-ground with jimped tang; 3-pin celluloid scales. Takes a very nice edge. Excellent shave in very good condition. With original GRS box. Cleaned, polished & honed. $45 (plus shipping)
    [​IMG]

5. Hayashi Diamond #77 'For Barber's Use' 13/16" (SOLD!)
    One of the two Japanese-made razors I'm selling. Both razors had been modified (removal of the heel) so they mimic the 'two-inch wide' blades common in many Japanese razors. This one has been restored to 'quite serviceable' condition, meaning it provides an exceptional smooth shave for the hard silver steel. But, missing the heel is a no-go to many. Hence the low price on these great shavers. Cleaned, polished & honed. $30 (plus shipping)
    [​IMG]

6. Tanifuji 'Favorit' 750 6/8" (SOLD!)
    The second modified Japanese razor (same mod as the razor above) restored to serviceable condition. stable crack at the pivot end on scales. Tanifuji makes outstanding razors of top-grade steel. Incredible edge on this shaver. If you've not tried a Japanese Western (JWest)-style razor, here's one at a low cost of entry point. Cleaned, polished & honed. $30 (plus shipping)
    [​IMG]

7. Dubl Duck 'Hand-Forged' 5/8" (SOLD)
    This is the oldest DD and one of the rarer DDs I've come across. The hammered tang with the 'Bresnick New York 'stamp indicates a time prior to 'Bresduck' and 'Pearlduck' company name (1930-1952). All original with yellowed bone scales. Stable crack on the wedge end. Cleaned, polished & honed. $75 (plus shipping)
    [​IMG]

7. Dubl Duck 'Satinedge' 5/8" (SOLD)
    All original. Three-pin green translucent celluloid scales with the raised DD logo on one side and 'Satinedge' on the reverse side. Pearlduck, Inc (1945-early 1950s). Cleaned, polished & honed. $55 (plus shipping)
    [​IMG]

Please PM with any questions you my have regarding these razors. Additional shots can be found at the link below. Thanks for looking
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/GuitarPix/library/STRAIGHT RAZORS FOR SALE JULY 2017

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017