SOLD:Tony Miller Artisan Horsehide/Latigo Strop

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mr. Tadashi, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

SOLD

Well since I no longer use a straight razor I am putting this strop up for sale.

Tony Miller Artisan Horsehide/Latigo strop

With the exception of a small nick on the Horsehide side this strop in in excellent condtion.

100USD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your interest.

SOLD

2. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Are you selling two strops or just one?

3. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

Just the one, the other one is long gone.

4. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

No more str8s?!

Oh man. what went wrong?

5. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

I ended up having too much difficulty getting a good shave with a straight.

6. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

7. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

8. Gunner777

Gunner777 New Member

Just a little info--Tony is selling new ones for $79:)

9. hoglahoo

new Hosehide / Latigo from Tony Miller for $79? wow!

[Edit: hmm.... just checking out his website store I find that even the narrow 2" version is $120 new before shipping, and all are currently out of stock]

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Ummm....not from what I'm seeing. Not exactly sure which strop this one is, but of the 2 it possibly is, one starts at 74.95 and the other starts at 79.95. Add the horsehide and it is either 16 or 17 additional dollars, just for his Smooth Butt Section Horsehide. If you go with the Smooth Horsehide it's 43 or 45 more dollars. All before shipping.

PM's to sellers are a preferable way to question ones pricing. Asking for further details on an item for sale is acceptable in the public forum, though.

11. Gunner777

Gunner777 New Member

Yea the horsehide is $17 more. The Cowhide is $79.95-----

12. hoglahoo

This is a latigo AND horsehide - it's a cowhide strop with horsehide 2nd component. If this is the 3" version, Mr. Tadashi is offering at least a 25% savings :)

13. Gunner777

Gunner777 New Member

Gotcha the three inch one is the one I looked at:) Very Nice!!!

14. erictski

erictski Member

is the other strop in the picture the tony miller practice strop for 7 dollars.

15. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

Yes but, it it was sold separately a few months ago.

16. Mike257

Mike257 New Member

I have been checking the classifieds for 2 weeks now looking for a TM strop, if I didnt accidently pay my $350 cell phone bill last night I would jump on this.

17. Tony Miller

Tony Miller Member

Since the questions were asked I'll clear up errors.

Queen of Blades is correct, the 3" Horsehide and Latigo shown was $124.95, a "practice strop" (not what is pictured) is $7.50 additional.

The "practice strop" shown was actually one of my discontinued Apprentice Strops. These were $29.95 if perfect but I often sold them as $7.50 practice strops if I had seconds on the shelf and if someone bought one of the really high end strops. The normal practice strop is similar but has no handle or grommet.

If you have questions on availability, purchasing, etc, of anything not mentioned in the original post.... please contact me directly, not in a public post as this is not the place for promotion.

Thanks,
    Tony

18. Gunner777

Gunner777 New Member

Tony,

I think I gotcha that they used to be higher priced then---- They are worth the price either way!!!!!