Something interesting about C&E products . . .

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by ThePossum, Apr 11, 2009.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I was at the Pittsburgh store this afternoon looking for a few of their acrylic brush holders. When I walked into the store it was staffed to the hilt with sales clerks as well as being crowded with gals doing some serious browsing,

Walked up to the counter and the manager greeted me asked if she could help me. I began by telling her how disappointed that they were discontinuing the men's line of shaving products.

At that she responded that C&E was not doing that. They were hiring some firm, she did not say who, to redo their entire line of men's shaving products. She did not know any other details other than that.

So for what it is worth, maybe a penny, those of us who like and use the C&E creams, soaps, balms, a/s splashes, and edts will not be left out in the cold. Then again, if this does come to fruition the new stuff maybe garbage. So C&E fans like me should keep our fingers crossed.

Finally, I did see and handle a C&E BBB. Unfortunately it was part of a set with a cartridge razor and stand and they would not break up the set.

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I hope that you are correct that they are have it in trasition. Perhaps Possum if you know where forum members can write in we all can start a writing campaign to save the excellent products. I have sampled Col Conk's shave soaps as a replacement for the Crabtree and Evelyn, and for now I am going to continue to rely on Col Conk but I will keep an eye on Crabtree and hope that Possum is correct.

3. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Huh? Didn't they just do this? Nomad and all that stuff in those fancy brown jars is all new I thought. I didn't care for any of it personally. I liked their older products better...can't remember the names but they came in white plastic containers. Plus their stuff is a bit pricey IMO. Be interesting to see what these new changes will bring about.

4. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Now why am I afraid it will just be something higher priced with less performance than what they already had.................

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Seeing as how Crabtree and Evelyn sees itself a vendor of soaps for women I would not hold out much hope for them offering us wet shavers something half way deecent.