SoS: April 10, 2017 - April 16

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I had two slants (merkur and Stirling) and I sold them both. I get my best shaves from my timeless, Blackbird, and vintage Gillette razors these days.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    ram57, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Wonderful setup Doug!

clint64 likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Tonight's shave was with a another "Top Shelf Razor". I had a fantastically sharp and smooth 2 pass shave with this "Rescue Razor". I was left with a BBS shave, and no need for touchups. Excellent razor.

Razor- John Pritzlaff.
    Brush- B400 By Tom
    Soap- ARKO/Avon Spicy
    Aftershave- Shulton Old Spice. MMM MMM Good.
    P4160833.JPG

4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Doug!

clint64 likes this.
  5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

2017 EASTER Sunday,
    Jamie's SOTN
    1. AOS Lavender pre shave oil.
    2. crown king lavendar planet.
    3. semogue synth/fine bowl.
    4. schick krona gold/TREET carbon black beauty, 1st shave.
    5. Lilac witch hazel / crown king lavender planet after shave / AOS Lavender balm.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shave Monkey, PLAla, Sparrow and 7 others like this.
  6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

maxresdefault.jpg
    Here's hoping you had a wonderful day!​

PLAla and clint64 like this.
  7. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Arko Adjustable April!!!!!

April 16

Razor - Soviet Consul
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - West Coast Shaving Synthetic
    Post - Alum

Third and final day for the Sputnik so let's crank open the Consul to 9 and let 'er rip! I'm going to have to get a Futur at some point to compare gaps on these two razors. I'm ready for the challenge and the WSC Synthetic did its job in popping the Arko into a huge amount of lather.

You can seriously feel the blade with this razor at this setting and it doesn't help that the wonkiness shows up pretty good. Mainly the corners of the blade get bent down just a touch so even if you don't feel that you know it's there and it's a mind trick. I stayed on the cap (there's that technique thing we discussed earlier) and managed to get a decent first pass except for one cut on my right jawline. Something about that area seems to draw mistakes from me. In this case it might have been the wonky corner but I also think it could be my own attempt to make the pass a bit too fast right there. Anyway, some blood, nothing major and I lathered up for pass two.

XTG with a little ATG to finish on the second pass and the cut stopped bleeding on its own as I shaved. I finished with a nice DFS and I'm not pushing it further. Alum was already the hottest its been this week. I'm happy with the shave and that's all I need to know.

I'm still impressed with this Soviet razor. It works! Nearly identical to the quality shave the Gillette's deliver in spite of a couple of minor issues with the build. It's a fun razor to have around and it paired very well with the Sputnik. Hope you all had a marvelous day today! Sorry for the interruption to the shenanigans but it has to be done.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.