SoS: December 17th, 2012 - December 20th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 16, 2012.

1. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Wednesday 12-19-2012

Razor: Muhle 41
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
    Brush: Turkish Horse Brush #6
    Cream: Karo Classic [​IMG]
    AS: Тройной :)

Today's shave was a little bit worse than yesterday,I explain to a somewhat little bit dull blade,however provide BBS with two passes (WTG,XTG) without drop blood :)

2. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Wednesday Morning

Eucerin moisturizing cream
    Warm shower
    Semogue 2000
    Ingrams SC
    Merkur 23c w/ Kai Stainless
    Cetaphil gentle cleanser
    cold water rinse
    Master Bay Rum

Two pass DFS+! I love the feel of my new Semogue. Breaking in and smells a little like a wet dog still, so I'll post my thoughts in a week or two. Ingrams? Didn't dry my skin out like Proraso does. Didn't give me a rash like the Italian products I've used (Proraso/Cella). Solid, protective, slick. Can't speak to the lather yet as the Semogue is new and I face lathered.

Ingrams - Cetaphil + Cold water splash = WHOA!!! Couldn't be frostbite as I can still feel my face ... fffrrriiigggiiiddd! :shocked003:

3. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 Ern
    Mystic Water SS
    24mm Grade A

Apparently it's Ern week for me. Very nice, smooth shave this morning. I used MW Green Fairy soap this morning, yep, I ordered it because of the name. It's an anise and citrus scented soap, very nice, and has excellent skin care as does all the MW soaps that I've tried. I picked up another razor off the bay on Monday. It's one I've been wanting for quite a while, so either I got the deal of the year or I'm going to be pretty disappointed when it arrives. Well, you shake the dice and take your chances. If it works out there is only one more razor I'd like to get my hand on, lol, maybe two. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]
    upload pic

4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Wednesday
    Dubl Duck
    Illinois Co #127
    Simpsons Chubby CH1
    MWF
    Floid Blue

5. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Wednesday 12-19-2012

Rooney Classic DE w/Feather
    Proraso PSC
    La Toja Classic SC
    Omega Pro Boar
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Nivea Replenishing ASB
    British Sterling Cologne

Splendid shave this morning! The Rooney has a flair for the opulent and delivers a classy shave equal to the British Sterling Cologne finisher. :happy088:

Badger & Blade 1788.JPG

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Wednesday

Prep: Hot shower
    CD: Third Day ~ Conspiracy No. 5
    Coffee: Home roasted, fresh ground Kenya, BLACK
    Soap: Dulouz Marakesh
    Brush: Omega 49
    Razor: '53 Ball End Tech
    Blade: Astra SP, day 3, 3 passes
    Post: Cold water rinse, Dickenson's WH, Old Spice cologne, hand strop blade
    'Stache Wax: Steve's Own

Darn near BBS. Great shave.

7. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Wednesday - 19.12.2012

Merkur Futur Razor
    Merkur Futur Brush
    Gillette Silver Blue Blade
    Tabac Shave Stick
    Witch Hazel
    Proraso Styptic Gel :(
    Proraso Aftershave Lotion
    L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

Tabac is not Sir Irisch Moos. At least not for me. Using Tabac for todays shave I discovered that it stings, smell is not pleasant and I got a few weepers and a cut. Obviously I blame Tabac, which is blatantly unfair.

But truth be told I was probably a little sore after yesterdays shave. I just did not notice before I started putting stuff on my face again.
    The weepers and cut is all me being clumsy and having what I believe is called butter fingers in the English language. So it is all me, but I will never admit that to anyone.

Shave ended up being a CCS after three passes

DSC_4710.JPG

8. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Wednesday 19 December

Hot Shower, Proraso preshave soap
    Semogue 1325
    Razorock Sandalwood
    Gillette Super
    Derby

9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hump Day
    Prep: hot washing cloth
    Music: Fisher-Z, Going Deaf For A Living
    Brush: DVH boar
    Soap: QED Wild Rose
    Razor: Ugly Duckling
    Blade: Astra
    Shave: 3-pass + touch-up

SoS 2012-12-19.jpg

The bowl is in the picture, but was left unused, as after loading the brush I spontaneously started face lathering. No complaints there... ;)
    The folowing shave was excellent: I was awarded a full BBS! :happy108:

Have a great day!

10. iambatman85

iambatman85 Well-Known Member

12.19.2012 Wednesday

Pretty good shave today. I continue to have problems around the half inch to each side of my adams apple. I can feel 15-20 hairs there that no matter what I do I cannot cut them with a razor. Everywhere is a three pass BBS but I cannot for the life of me get them to cut. I have them mapped out and they grow the same direction as the hair in the same area but IDK just can't get them. Oh well.

Pre shave - Hot shower, Store brand Noxima
    Cream - Proraso Sandalwood
    Brush - VDH Boar
    Razor - 60's quick twist
    Blade - Vokshod (2)
    A/S - Pinaud Clubman

[​IMG]

11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Wednesday

Muhle R106
    Personna Red
    The Grosvenor
    MWF
    Proraso AS & ASB

It was a great shave this morning. I had the day off, and I was able to take my time. The Grosvenor lathered the MWF nicely. I did 2 passes and ended up with a DFS!

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

FG-1248953105837038.jpg 444_gel_01-340x340.jpg EB005320523.jpg Thursday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/Shark day 4
    Viking Blue Ice SC :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing: (Russian version)
    444 AS Balsam :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Max Refreshing AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Polo Original EDT

No complaints about this shave today because it turned out BBS in only two passes. The Russian version of Viking Blue Ice is full of rich lather, a nice manly scent, and it is LOADED with menthol. I think I might have to re-assess it on my personal Menthol Scale. The Max Refreshing aftershave is absolutely frigid, and it gives wonderful skincare, and not only that - it smells a lot like Polo Original. The 444 balsam is super stuff - I love it. ;) :D

13. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Thursday

soak brush/Thater 4292/6,2 band,fan/DB Brush Scuttle
    hot shower
    Proraso PrePost Cream (after using the old formula 500ml for over a year,nearly everyday,the end is almost near)
    Palmolive Menthol SC (Italy) :love029::love029::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Schick Paul Revere/Pella Coated (3)
    warm water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    warm water rinse
    Thayer's Original WH
    SCS Blue Line Splash :love029::love029::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

I enjoyed yesterdays shave so much I decided to do a repeat and use the Schick Revere again.Another smooth BBS shave,face and dome :D

14. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 Henkel Twins
    MW Green Fairy SS
    28mm brush

Nice shave this morning. Typical German blade and excellent razor. I'm off till after Christmas so I'll get a little shop time today. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]
    pic upload

Ryan Bales, Llyr, crackstar and 13 others like this.
  15. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Thursday:

Hot shower / Mama Bears Lavender Vanilla soap / Semogue 620 / EJ DE89L w/ Voskhod blade / WH / RazoRock Baby Blue a/s

16. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Thursday December 20, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Prep: Brush soaked in warm water, face washed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, luke warm shower
    Razor: Merkur 41R 1904 Open Comb Mounted to T2 Handle
    Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
    Brush: Semogue 1438 Boar
    Soap: Tabac
    ASB: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm (the "old" original formula)
    AS: British Sterling

The Merkur Open Comb is the second mildest open comb that you can buy next the Goodfella, but that does not mean you cannot get a great BBS from it. Paired with the a sharp blade it zing around your face, providing an extremely close and comfortable shave. I would much rather shave with this than a razor where I have to think about each stroke.

Although one of the least expensive Semogue boars that you can buy, the 1438 is a brush I always reach for. For me it is the perfect brush for face lathering hard soap such as Tabac.

British Sterling is a classic that I will always have on my self. It reminds me of my father which is very comforting to me during this time of the year being that both of my parents are gone.

Tonight at 1:00 am Central Time the Mayan Calendar come to an end. Some think the world is going to end, I personally think that it is the start of the Zombie Apocalypse ;) I am ready and so is my face. How about you?

17. jbund

jbund Well-Known Member

Yes a pretty good shave day! A reasonably good night's sleep (a rare gift anymore) except for the dog trying to dig down between my head and the headboard to get away from the lightening in the middle of the night. Same things used as the rest of the week so far. Just more time to be slow and careful about it and to enjoy it. And a very nice irritation free shave - no nicks no blood just bye-bye beard. After that life went back to being its usual sucky self. Part of the fun and games of the last week has been every morning preparing a report for my boss's boss that has to be in his e-mail inbox by 0600. Since I normally get in by 0500 or a bit before that is not a problem - usually. This morning I am fighting with process to create it and having no luck. So I sent out an e-mail saying that there was problems and I would get the report out ASAP. I'm trying to get hold of the good folks who take care of the system I need. And at 0552 they send out an e-mail that they are applying fixes to the servers and it might take until 1000 before the system is available. You know I can almost wish that the folks who are expecting the world to end tonight are right. I am tired of all of this, as long as the Hindu's aren't right about having to do things over until we get them right, not a happy prospect that. But then I still have so many shave creams and soaps and blades and even razors that I want to try it wouldn't be fair to have to end it all tonight.

Ryan Bales, Llyr, crackstar and 9 others like this.
  18. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Thursday 12-20-2012

Razor: Muhle 41
    Blade: Astor (1)
    Brush: Turkish Horse Brush #6
    Cream: Karo Sensitive [​IMG]
    AS: Karo Classic [​IMG]

Good shave,near DFS in 1 pass (WTG)+little touch up,but Astor is just not my blade. Karo cream+aftershave work wonderful in combination.

19. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Thursday 12-20-2012

5/8 Tiger Wedge, Hollow Point
    Proraso PSC
    Taylor of Bond Street SC - St. James
    Caswell Massey Ceramic Badger
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Nivea Replenishing ASB
    British Sterling Cologne

After a night at the Opera (well just a Christmas Dinner Theater really) I thought it's time to bring out the Tiger. As Arley said the EOTW is neigh and I want to look nice for the Zombies! :D The British Sterling is always a good choice when meeting new Zombies! :happy102:

Badger & Blade 1165SM.jpg

20. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Thursday
    Merkur 37C
    Voskhod
    Semogue Owners Club
    RR Chianti Lavender
    Brut

I haven't used my RR soaps in a while, forgot how much I love them.