SoS: December 17th, 2012 - December 20th, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 16, 2012.

1. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

photo.jpg

It's been a while since I posted my shave -- I've missed it!

Mystic Water Soap, unscented
    HIS synthetic brush
    EJ DE89
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blade (blue)
    Shave Den after shave milk, unscented

First time using the Mystic Water soap, which was a gift from my Secret Santa. It's a soft tallow-based soap, easily created an excellent lather with the big soft HIS brush.

Three passes + touch up = smooth BBS face this morning!

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thursday - another day closer

Prep: Hot shower
    Coffee: Home roasted, fresh ground Kenya, BLACK
    Soap: Daisy Mountain Naturals Spiced Mahogany
    Brush: The Dridecker (Hi, Bill!)
    Razor: Gillette OLD Type
    Blade: Astra SP, day 4, 3 passes
    Post: Cold water rinse, L'Oreal Comfort Max ASB, Sean John Unforgivable, hand strop blade
    'Stache Wax: Steve's Own

Love these Astra blades.

3. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Thursday

Eucerin moisturizing cream
    warm shower
    Semogue 2000
    MWF / Ingrams
    Merkur 23c w/ Kai Stainless
    Cetaphil gentle cleanser
    cold water rinse
    Master Bay Rum

Splendid two pass DFS! Brush still breaking in, so the face lather still a bit of a struggle ... added Ingrams into the mix for the second pass. I suspect in a week or two, the brush will be in form and smelling pretty. :kar:

4. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Thursday 20 December
    Since the world will end tomorrow y'all can forward your shaving dens to me.:D I promise to keep them safe for you.

Awoke to a howling wind leftover last night from the storm, a hot shower was very welcomed.
    After the shower facial prep from Proraso preshave soap.
    Next brush in the rotation, is my newest member a Shavemac Badger
    Soap choice, VDH.
    Razor choice Super Adjustable, dial to #6
    Blade choice, Derby
    A three pass shave that was very comfortable.
    Warm water rinse, cold water splash, Pinaud Veg, Fitness, to finish the shave.

BeFunky_IMG_0498.jpg

5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Thursday!
    • Prep: hot washing cloth
    • Music: Philip Glass, Powaqqatsi
    • Brush: Wilkinson Sword badger
    • Cream: Ingram
    • Razor: Autostrop
    • Blade: Feather
    • Shave : 3-Pass + touch-up
    SoS 2012-12-20.jpg

Great & cewl BBS shave again!

Enjoy your day!

6. Suisse

Suisse Active Member

Thursday - Night Shave

Had skipped the shave in the morning as had to leave early and tomorrow is end of the world :D so night is the right time!

Prep: Pure Almond Oil
    Shaving Cream: Godrej Rich foam.
    Brush: Semogue 830
    Razor: EJ DE89L
    Blade: Gillette Super Platinum Black, 3rd shave, 3 passes
    AfterShave: Nivea Balm.

The almond oil made made the tough beard really soft. Excellent shave.

7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

P1040424(1).JPG
    This was yesterdays shave

Hot shower.
    Cella soap.
    Gillette Aristocrat Rapira blade.
    Oscar11 brush.
    Not a bad shave the soap is great nice sent. I think the mix was a little dry my fault aslo should of put a fresh blade in.
    P1040425(1).JPG
    Todays shave

Hot shower

Nancy boy cream and the 'Wapi'

BBS that cream is so good very slick like it was made for straight razors and it smells great bonus;)
    Thanks to Hanzo for PIFing both soaps :thanks:

8. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Thursday morning shave, December 20, 2012

Schick E2 Injector razor w/ Schick blade (2)
    Semogue 1250 boar bristle brush,
    Arko shaving soap w/ hot water lather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

Arko 1.JPG

9. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

The week run too fast. Is it Friday yet?!
    The set up was identical all the week long. OCMM week for me...

OCMM/Gem
    Vie-Long horsehair brush
    Soapy SC/Viking Fresh SC (alternating days)
    Cold water splash
    Tet-a-tet ASB/Fitjar Miklagard ASC (alternating days)

OCMM is a top favorite for me in terms of usability, effectiveness and shave quality. I miss my straights, though...

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My Dmitry - my Dmitry!!!!!! It's so good to see you here again!!!!! :) The Viking Blue Ice cream you sent me is sooooo enjoyable. It gave me so much pleasure today with its lather, the nice scent, and that cooling feeling! :happy005:

macaronus, fishcrow, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  11. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

Things are running like race horses over here :) To keep the degree of craziness I boosted ISZ soap with Bomb this Monday and put some boosted AS splash after cold water splash. I can clearly say, that it gives the same feeling, as a walk to work on 30C weather with wind. That's why I can see many people wearing masks BTW - the combo of cold, wind and humidity. I hope the TSD gays and gals still keep the Menthol set up for their shaves, despite the weather outside!
    Jeff, it is so nice to get back to posting and reading! Hope you're well and enjoying that nice Christmas time!

12. crackstar

I'm ok, although I am very tired. A lot of hard work, and business could be and should be better. Still, I manage to stay around. Our weather here in Montreal has been so bizarre, but now it is supposed to become real wintery. Very cold with a lot of snow, and these are conditions which I hate. You know me - I am a menthol lover, and I always will be. Наилучшие пожелания для Рождества, мой друг! (my last comment was "best wishes for Christmas, my friend"!)

Asd, ChiefShaver, macaronus and 3 others like this.
  13. JayPo007

JayPo007 Well-Known Member

2012-12-20 19.43.46.jpg

Merkur 34c
    Voskhod Teflon
    Semogue 1438 boar
    TSD Lime (thanks Ryan!)
    GFT lime skin food

Asd, Ryan Bales, macaronus and 15 others like this.
  14. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

sotd-21-dec.jpg
    • Prep PSC
    • Proraso Red SC
    • Frank Finest Fan Shaped Brush
    • Mergress XL Razor
    • Feather Blade (2)
    • Baxter ASB
    • Figaro XFC
    Time to say goodbye to an old friend. I am trading my Mergress XL and I will be sending it off today. This really is a great razor. It is basically the original Merkur Progress which has been modified to incorporate a heavy metal adjustment knob which is more accurate than the original plastic one. Weighing in at 123 grams it is 33 grams heavier than the normal Progress (90 g). The heavier knob shifts the balance point further down the handle which I find nice. Teamed up with a Feather blade this razor easily delivers a super comfortable BBS shave. I used a setting of 3.0 for the first pass, 2.0 for the second, and 1.5 for the third pass. A special product today was the Figaro XFC aftershave. The XFC stands for (Xtra F---ing Cold). I added a generous amount of menthol crystals to the Figaro and it now freezes just as good as the mighty Osage Rub! I will try to post more of my menthol Tom Foolery over the next couple of day. Stay tuned.

There seems to be a lot of talk about the end of the world and other such nonsense. :confused: I just want to say one thing:

I could care less if the world ends tomorrow... just as long as it happens before the dreaded Shavepocalypse! :lyrtuy5:

Merry Christmas Everyone! :santa

Lyndon

Asd, burpsan, Ryan Bales and 15 others like this.
  15. iambatman85

iambatman85 Well-Known Member

12/21/2012 4 days till christmas

Pre shave - Hot Shower, Noxima store brand face wash
    Brush - VDH Boar soaked in hot water
    Soap - TSD 2X Iced LEmon and Cedarwood
    Blade - Vokshod (3)
    Razor - Gillette 40's Ball end Tech
    A/S - Aqua Velva

[​IMG]

Man My face is mentholated today. Just on the second pass with the 2X iced TSD soap it was cold. Great shave today. Its now been 2 months since I started wetshaving and its one of the things I look forward to most.

Asd, burpsan, Ryan Bales and 13 others like this.
  16. jbund

jbund Well-Known Member

Well my luck this week haws held true to form - the world didn't end last night. Though it did give it a good try. When I went into work yesterday it was 52 F and I figured what the heck I won't need the sweater under my coat. But being basically a belt and suspenders type person I put it on anyway. When I left work yesterday it was 32 F and up to 50 mph wind gusts with snow coming down. This morning it was 27 F with wind chill of 22 F. And the world hadn't ended. And I have this song stuck in my head - well the hook anyway- at least it is one that I like. It is an old British music hall song by Flanders and Swann called Have Some Madeira M'Dear. And I did learn a new and unpleasant place it nick myself. I really must learn not to change expressions while shaving my upper lip, I managed to catch my lip just at the edge of shave area and the lip proper. Really a hard spot to get to stop bleeding - it moves a lot and keeps starting to bleed again. So yes I did shave this morning, same as all week TBS Maca Root SC, Merkur HD with Gillette 7 o'clock blade, Nivea shave balm and Clubman AS. And now even though it is only 0602 I could really use (enjoy) a glass of Madeira. And the world hasn't ended.

burpsan, Ryan Bales, Lyndon and 11 others like this.
  17. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Friday:
    In Honor Of The Zombie Apocalypse I listened to Breathe Out,Breathe In,the latest album from the 60's group The Zombies
    soak brush,Kent BK8/DB 1.5 Scuttle
    hot shower
    Proraso PrePost Cream
    TOBS Avocado SC
    Muhle R41 Grande "Fang"/Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)
    warm water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    warm water rinse
    Thayer's Original WH
    SCS Avocado Oil Aftershave Balm

Another great BBS shave,I want to look my best just in case the Mayans were on to something :D

burpsan, Ryan Bales, Lyndon and 12 others like this.
  18. crackstar

Krem-Aspis-kutia-Ice-Rain123.jpg tabgel.jpg EB005320523.jpg Friday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/Shark day 5
    Aspis Ice Rain SC :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    Tabiano AS Gel :love055: :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing:
    Max Refreshing AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

Yesterday was a Russian Shave dedicated to my dear friend Dmitry, today was a Bulgarian Shave dedicated to my dear friend Veli who sent me this awesome Aspis Ice Rain cream. This stuff smells so nice and classy, it lathers like a real champion, and it has a good cooling sensation. The Max Refreshing aftershave is also from Bulgaria - it came from another special friend - does anyone here remember Rene? (SSl Studio) He sent it to me. This aftershave smells so much like Polo Original, and it can freeze your face off. The Tabiano gel is not so cooling, but it is soothing and protective. This shave was quick, but still very close and smooth. ;) :D

Asd, burpsan, Ryan Bales and 12 others like this.
  19. crackstar

Lyndon, you might be a candidate for Diana Sport Menthol balsam after all. ;) If you use menthol crystals in your Figaro aftershave, then heyyyy - this balsam might be ok for you! :D It would be great to know that there's somebody else here who can also use it! :)

Llyr, Lyndon, dcc and 2 others like this.
  20. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 F.W.E. Special
    Mystic Water SS
    22mm Grade A
    AV Ice Blue and a dab of Molinard Rasoline

Great shave this morning with another fine German razor. I'm expecting a Shavemac finest knot to arrive any day now and already have a couple of prospective handles for it. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]
    upload

Asd, burpsan, Ryan Bales and 12 others like this.