SOS: December 2018

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Great photo, excellent balancing act.

celestino and clint64 like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

cool set up and pic,happy new year..

clint64 and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Decadent December!!

December 31, 2018

Razor - 1960 (F4) Gillette Toggle (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush - Stirling Finest Badger Fan
    Post - Alum

Well, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and all the ships at sea - here it is. The final shave for me for 2018. I wanted to finish old-school with Decadence. I think I've done it. The Toggle with a Sharp Star is hard to beat. Mitchell's, around since 1893, and still the number one soap in my den. It has managed to hang on even with the emergence of Stirling mutton tallow soaps. The Stirling Finest Badger is one truly fine brush. It, along with the synthetic SynBad in the Canuck brush is helping me become a "fan" of the "fan"! To say that the lather was decadent is an understatement. I got three full passes out of the load and squeezed out enough extra to sell on the open market. The consistency was amazing. Like holding a soft slick pillow. That's the best description I can think of.

The finish was a near-BBS. I needed a bit more on the neck to get the baby in tow but didn't worry about that tonight. Too many other good things about the shave to care if it was "perfect" or not. And that, my friends, is how you finish off a year.

I just wanted to express my thanks to the fine gentlemen of the SOTD for your continued support of The Shave Den and for the cross-posting we do around here. It's been a true pleasure to see some of the finest gear imaginable each month and it definitely keeps my AD fires burning. I hope everyone has a very happy and prosperous New Year!

[​IMG]

celestino, novicz, 120inna55 and 8 others like this.
  4. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

SOTN - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve. Enjoy! Wishing everyone a phenomenal 2019!

Josh[​IMG]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

celestino, novicz, 120inna55 and 8 others like this.
  5. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

New Rose to me, how do you feel it compares to othera? Eufros Rosa-Oud is my favorite followed by APR then LPL, MDC’s i am conflicted on.

clint64 likes this.
  6. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you. :)

clint64, Boru62 and brit like this.
  7. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Happy New Year

Caties Bubbles LPV
    Paladin 28mm Lotus
    Karve B plate c Perma Sharp ⚀
    3 pass BBS