SoS: December 5, 2016 - December 11, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

DSC_1341_large.jpg glacial-wintergreen_1__33741_1406660934_800_800.jpg Glacial_Wintergreen_PSB__55419_1433782657_800_800.jpg glacial_-_wintergreen_wha_250__77335_1406660937_800_800.jpg DSC_1154-001_1024x1024.jpg Oh la la, it'll soon be Christmas - well, here's my weekly frigid kick-off!

Menthol Monday:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/new Dorco
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen S/S :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen A/S Balm :love055: :love055: :love055::love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen W/H :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    B&M Arctique A/S Splash :love055::love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EdT

I'm loving my 1950's Super Speed so much so I want to keep using it. I found a few of these Dorco blades but I can't really remember how good or bad they are so I'll try one and if it works good for me I'll continue with it, if it doesn't I'll scrap it right away. As you can see, I'm going all-out with the strongest menthol stuff I have! ;) :D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The Shave Plan for 12/5:

prep-Dove Men + Care Hydration Bodywash(in shower)
    shave-Barbasol Soothing Aloe
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot + DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Clubman(Original Scent).

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod161205.JPG
    Monday's
    zcws.gif

Dove Men Face Wash
    Arko Shaving Stick
    Jayaruh #61
    Gillette Old Type with Maggard Fat Handle
    Personna Super
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    T.N. Dickinson's WH
    Pinaud Clubman

The Arko Shaving Stick face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #61 boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Old Type with Fat Maggard Handle with a Personna Super blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with T.N. Dickinson's WH and then Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  4. Paul Turner

Planned Shower for Monday:

same as today, but for the shampoo, substitute Clubman Country Club for Stephan Daily Herbal.

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

December 4 afternoon

Muhle R41 head (2013) & Weber Bulldog handle
    Feather blade (1)
    Semogue 830 boar brush
    Tabac shave stick
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Captain's Choice Bay Rum aftershave

This is the first time I've combined the R41 scalloped head with the heavy Weber Bulldog SS handle. The added weight provided by the handle felt good. I went easy, as this razor/blade combo is rather aggressive. The mildly scrubby Semogue boar brush produced a nice face lather. I made one pass and decided to save the next pass for tomorrow morning. I have a darn fine shave with two small weepers that disappeared when I rinsed my face. I finished with CC Bay Rum - a great selection for a cool December day.

I hope you all have a great week.

SOTD_120416.jpg

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Monday, December 5, 2016

Druida Manchurian
    Panna Crema Nuavia Verde
    Blackland Blackbird
    Polsilver Super Iridium #2
    Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool

[​IMG]

7. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Menthol Monday SOTD

[​IMG]

Razor: ONEBLADE
    Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D2)
    Brush: Elite Razor Pyinma 23mm Silvertip
    Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
    Pre Shave Scrub: MRGLO
    Pre Shave Oil: Eucalyptus Peppermint Vanilla
    Shave Soap: Sudsy Soapery Jack Frost
    Aftershave: Chiseled Face Cryogen

8. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Date: 05 December 2016

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
    Lather: - Arko Shaving Soap
    Razor: - Merkur 34C
    Blade: - Perma-Sharp Super #5
    Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Clubman Pinaud Aftershave Lotion

9. Paul Turner

a Wintergreen trifecta!!

PickledNorthern, ram57 and clint64 like this.
  10. alfredus

alfredus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
    Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
    Blade: Voskhod (1)
    Brush: Paladin Lotus
    Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
    Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

11. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

[​IMG]
    Razor: Gillette Red Tip
    Blade: Derby Extra SS (1)
    Brush: LS Pure Badger
    Cream: Palmolive Classic
    AS: Brut Alaska
    Perfume: Brut Alaska

First time with Palmolive shaving cream and like the fresh scent of it. Derby was sharp and comfy. Overall BBS in result.
    Have a wonderful week, Folks!

12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I'm happy the Palmolive cream works for you Can. I like it very much. :)

13. Robyflexx

Mon. 12/5/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magnificent shave this morning with the PAL Injecto-Matic. Excellent lather from the Arko shave stick. Three refreshing passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Have a great day guys. :cool:

14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 5th Dec.
    Vulfix 404 mixed
    Lea Classic cream
    ES Claymore S/S single edge
    Kai Captain mild [ 3 ]
    Alum Rub/Rinse off
    Lea Classic A/S lotion

Am wondering when ES will bring out the revised Claymore, not that I find anything really wrong with the one that I am using at the moment. Some may well prefer a knurled handle , especially when making up strokes around the neck. Today had a really smooth and comfortable shave, with a superb all round finish. Am pleased that it seems to perform very well using a cream , without clogging up at all.

IMG_1045.jpg

15. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!! SOTD 12/05/16

Gillette Ball End Old Type
    Lord Super Stainless(5)
    Badger
    C.O. Bigelow
    Cold Water Rinse,Alum Block
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue A/S

A very nice BBS shave to start My work week!!:happy088:

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!:) DSCF0915.JPG

16. ClaudioBP

ClaudioBP Well-Known Member

17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

:signs154:

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 5, 2016
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti
    Feather Super Pro (5)
    BSB 2 with Vie-Long Two Band
    MdC Original
    Witch Hazel
    Fine Lavender

[​IMG]

Well as usual the weekend was entirely to short and Monday morning arrived to early. In an effort to brighten a rainy day, I elected to use MdC since I just love the lavender scent. The BSB 2 whipped up a rich lather. I've found that by incorporating water slowly, MdC can be made into a slicker lather. Not as slick as some but more than enough to do the job at hand. Since the shaves with the Goose have been so consistently good I just stayed with the same 2 pass routine and touch ups in my trouble spots. I ended up with a near BBS. I finished the shave with a splash of Fine Lavender. I hope everyone has a great Monday.

19. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday
    I had a great shave through tears and a runny nose from the cold. Cryogen got this started, and the chill grew as I loaded and lathered perhaps the best vegan soap I have - Krampert's Frostbite, made by Soap Smooth. The lather was very thick and slick and I barely felt the Futur as it devastated my stubble. I finished up with B-M Reserve Cool and Krampert's Frostbite aftershave. My face is still cold thirty minutes later.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

20. Robyflexx

:thanks: Jim, have a great day buddy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.