SoS: December 5, 2016 - December 11, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Dec 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razorguy

razorguy Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir! I am glad you like my Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake Razor, it certainly is one of the finest shavers I have in my collection.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

2. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Same set up as I've used for a few days now. I've kept my no shave November beard so I'm just shaving my neck. Yesterday did a warm water shave and had really bad irritation. Today I went back to the cold water shave and had far less irritation.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Sweet pic collage

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I am. It's the only brush that fits in my travel tube.

ram57, PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Fatboy (G3) Razor
    Rapira Super Stainless Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Lemon Sugar & Frankincense & Myrrh Soap
    Dickinson's WitchHazel
    Pinaud Clubman After Shave

Didn't have time to post this earlier, but better late than never, I guess. An excellent shave today with the Fatboy combining with the Rapira blade for a very nice three pass BBS shave.

IMG_0916.jpg

6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Decadent December!!

December 11

Razor - 1959 Gillette Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Alum

So, yesterday I opened a Feather blade. Something I rarely do. And, paired with the Fatip it performed very well, if a bit harsh. Yeah, putting this sharp a blade into an aggressive assassin like the Fatip - bold move. So, since it's out of its wrapper I figured I'd just switch it to a milder razor and chose my '59 Super Speed. One of my favorite razors and its humble status belies the fact it is one fine shaving machine. I chose the BoS for the brush and stayed another day with the Route 66 Sweeney Todd. No complaints there at all. In fact, it's now in my rotation. Top three soaps, in my humble opinion - Mitchell's Wool Fat, Tabac, and Route 66. What order are they in? Doesn't matter. They're my top three. Add Arko for blade trials and Proraso (pick a color) for the occasional diversion and there you have it. The soaps in my den.

Fantastic lather by the Omega and 66. I think this soap prefers a boar brush, at least in my hands, but I do use boar more often than anything else. First pass was very smooth and definitely a better feel than the Fatip. The milder design of the razor tames the Feather down nicely. Second pass was all that was needed to finish off a very nice BBS. A bit of touch up but not much. One fine shave with one fine setup.

My weekend has begun! And starting with that kind of a shave......nothing left to say but.......

Robyflexx, alfredus, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  7. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Robyflexx and PickledNorthern like this.
  8. melyus

melyus Well-Known Member

Thank you ...

9. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you, both, gentlemen. :)

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Robyflexx and crackstar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.