SoS: January 2, 2017 - January 8, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

:lyrtuy5:

Robyflexx, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Planned SOTN January 8th
    [​IMG]

Gillette red tip
    Dorco ST-301
    RazoRock XXX
    Satin Tip The Purest
    Crown King scuttle

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

3. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello folks, here's a look at tonight's SOTD;

Late 1940's English made, Canadian rocket/Aristocrat Junior.
    1956 Gillette Blue Blade.
    Simpsons Duke II pure badger brush.
    RazoRock XXX shave soap.
    Nivea post shave balm.
    Pinaud Clubman special reserve splash.
    4711 cologne.

[​IMG]

This razor is without a doubt the most efficient and comfortable TTO I have ever used. I have not used this razor in at least two years, be cause it is a show stopper. There is no point in the chasing the BBS once you have used one of these. No other razor can shave as efficiently and comfortably as one of these. I rate this shave as a BBS. Have a great night all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

It looks quite nice to me Alan!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

5. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Thank you Andrew! It's an amazing razor. One of the best!

clint64, Linuxguile and Douglas Carey like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Happy Anniversary January!!

January 8

Mostly Shavettes

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - Semogue 620
    Post - Alum

Late night tonight thanks to the company holiday party. Yes, we have ours after the holidays are over in order. And I kind of like that idea. Always a good night of food, bowling, ping pong, pool and booze if you want it. It's held in the Moolah Theater in St. Louis which also has a bowling alley/game room/bar/grill. Really interesting place. Anyway, that explains my long silence tonight. I only had one beer due to my pancreas but still had a great time and some great Italian food catered from one of the original Italian restaurants up on "the Hill" in STL. No Provel cheese though.

Due to the late shave (later than normal) I decided to go ahead and throw in a comparison shave for DE vs. shavette. I'll do two shaves with the DE blade, then two shaves with the Magic and shavette blade. The first blade I'm using is the Racer Stainless Steel from Lord in Egypt. This blade generally gets good reviews and is said to be on the sharp end of the spectrum. The razor is the Fatip as I wanted an aggressive razor to match up with the feel of the shavette.

Arko for the lather, as it has become my definitive comparison lather due to its consistency and resistance to human error. The first pass definitely makes me think this is a sharper blade than some given the feel of the blade in this highly aggressive razor. Still smooth, but definitely a hint of danger. No blood or other problems, and the second pass that followed brought a very near-BBS. I could go another pass and put the baby to bed but no point in adding irritation for such a small gain. I was curious about the irritation level anyway, and the alum was a bit surprising. Not bad. A few hot spots where I tend to have them near the goatee line but other than that really pretty quiet. All in all a very nice shave. I'll have to put one of these in a Tech one of these days and see if it's as sharp as I think.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine is delayed this week as I am working tomorrow to cover a shift while the big bosses have a meeting. Then off Tuesday. I'll still try to hang out here more tomorrow to catch up a bit.

[​IMG]

7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:signs154:Andrew! :)

clint64, Linuxguile and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

9. Vesalio

Vesalio Well-Known Member

SOTN 08-01-16
    Soap cologne Rusee
    Finest badger 26mm brush on red stick handle Alfredo Miguel Hernandez Gonzalez
    Raxor Beter XXXX 8/8
    After shave and EdC agua brava
    Last night this was my shave, very relaxing and therapeutic, nothing new, everything excellent, everything already known by you, now yes I slept like angel ...
    [​IMG]

Enviado desde la guarida del lobo estepario...
    Sent from the lair of the steppe wolf...

10. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

We have a new thread for this week.

crackstar, PLAla, Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  11. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Thanks, yea the BC is a very nice brush, I thought the regular Plissoft was a nice brush, but this has the quality of a brush that sells for many times more money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.