SoS: January 9, 2017 - January 15, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you for your kind words. :)

clint64 likes this.
  2. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thank you for your kind words, Doug. :)

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Happy Anniversary January!!

January 15

Mostly Shavettes - But today not so much

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Brush - Semogue 620
    Post - Alum

Off we go to the second half of the comparison between Astra SP and Feather in the Fatip. It's not often I load one of these up but I couldn't resist the request. Putting this blade in a known aggressive razor seems about as smart as putting a lit candle inside a barrel of gunpowder, but we'll see. The Astra did its usual fine job of staying smooth and was only mildly irritating once I had it under control. As always, technique is the key to using any blade/razor combination. So the real question is.....can my technique conquer this beast in the beast.

Stayed with the Route 66 and added a little extra water as I face lathered like I've been doing. Adds some uber-slickness and extra cushion. My game plan is to ride the cap like my life depends on it. Stay on angle to keep this from going south. And, in the first pass, it certainly seemed like I had accomplished that goal. Very smooth feel and the only issue was one small spot on my right cheek where I applied pressure. I quickly backed off and didn't suffer any blood so all's well. Second pass was also a very smooth XTG with a bit of ATG to finish. Even some sliding at the end on my neck to get a near-BBS and a very comfortable shave. But....the alum's to come.

Braced for the burn and I stayed braced because it never came. Just a hint on a couple of spots but overall very quiet on the alum. Nice! I'd say the first day with the Feather and Fatip were a huge success, and a bit surprising as well. Another case of technique to the rescue. My weekend has begun! Hope yours was great! Even if not as great as it was in Japan!

[​IMG]

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much Jim. ;happy088:

5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thank you Guy, have a great day. :)

ram57 and clint64 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.