SoS: July 10, 2017 - July 16, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Jul 9, 2017.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram57 and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

What a cool looking brush! What is it made out of?

3. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

RECENT SHAVES
    20170716_150231.jpg

Prep: Musgo Real Oakmoss
    Razor: Gillette Ball End Tech
    Blade: Gillette Yellow
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft
    Soap: Country Club Barnstormer

Had a awesome shave with CC Barnstormer, the scent does remind me of a barn but without any notes of feces, but does have a muskyness to it in a pleasent way. Lather quality was very good, thick lather and the soap dried quickly after use. Finished off with Italian Stallion aftershave milk.

20170716_150059.jpg

Prep: Musgo Real Classic
    Razor: Ming Shi Futur clone
    Brush: Maggard 26mm synthetic
    Soap: Tallow & Steel Maya

This shave was the first time I really noticed the soap scent change when lathered. It brought out more citrus notes that mixed beautifully with the cocoa and tobacco. Much better lather than last time I used the new T&S formula, this time I loaded straight from the tub. Really like the scent of this May soap. Got a smooth shave and my face seemed to get smoother as the day went on. Finished off with Maharani.

20170716_150031.jpg

Prep: Razorock Mister Joe
    Razor: Ming Shi Futur clone
    Brush: Razorock BC Plissoft
    Soap: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir

Ended up with a few nicks this morning, but got a great lather from P&B. The soap did get very soft from loading from the tub, almost looks like a cream, so I will probably scoop some out and bowl lather next time. Did not care for the scent of SN at first but it has grown on me and now I quite enjoy it, smells like a expensive bath soap, fresh clean scent. Finished off with B&M Cool Reserve. Hope everyone enjoyed their shave!

Str8 Shaver, ilts, mrchick and 11 others like this.
  5. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Far all of you need for speed types out there, what's better than a "Shick Stick", the injector razor with a handle like the gearshift from your favorite muscle car(s). And like your favorite muscle car, this single edge razor speeds around quickly and efficiently removing whiskers, handling the corners and curves of your face with ease, leaving you satisfied, BBS and AGAIG. Today's helpers were L'Occitane Cade shave soap, thanks Winter Kelly, L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic, Nivea Cool Kick ASB, Pinaud Clubman, and L'Occitane Cade Eau De Toilette. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
    [​IMG]
    Here are the last few days a haves.
    Saturday
    [​IMG]
    Friday
    [​IMG]
    Thursday
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Hello Friends! :)
    I just finished up a great face and head shave.
    MWF was top shelf, easy to lather, protective, slick with an amazing post-shave.
    I loaded the RazoRock Ti Baby Smooth with a Polsilver (becoming my favorite blade) I probably did a 4 pass shave just for the heck of it.
    This Beehive brush is super soft.
    Acqua has become one of my favorite aftershave and EdT.
    Have a great day and beginning of the week.
    IMG_20170716_124116078~01.jpg
    I always seem to have to adjust the image quality when posting pictures, I have noticed that my picture needs to be 2-2.4 MB.

7. RaZorBurn123

Great looking kit Tim!!

ram57 and clint64 like this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

Gabe, you always have superb shaves and gear. :happy088:

RyX, ram57 and clint64 like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

+1

ram57, clint64 and theFAT98 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RyX, BaylorGator and clint64 like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent pictures and great looking gear.

SHAVEWIZARD420, RyX, ram57 and 2 others like this.
  12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

In keeping with my Japanese Theme, I used a Mid-Sized Japanese Folding Kamasori. I had a very nice 2 pass shave that left me near BBS. This is a true Kamasori, with a folding handle. It was a near silent and very stiff shave. These Kamasori razors are thick, and very sharp. The Japanese do take pride in their razor manufacturing, and it shows with the end results.

Razor- Japanese Kamasori, Asymmetrically ground. "Micor 8000"
    Brush- Omega 10098 Boar
    Soap- Arko/Avon Spicy scented
    Aftershave- Florida Water
    P7161083.JPG

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: ATT Bamboo SE1
    Blade: Captain Titan Mild (1)
    Brush: Oscar 11, w/Omega 10049 Boar
    Soap: Synergy Bay Rum
    A/S: Fine L'Orange Noir
    Bowl: Junichi Tanaka Scuttle

16 07 17a.jpg

14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

how does the big fellow differ from the normal versions.
    Ive been after one for a while, but should i expect a difference?
    Others with a big fellow please feel free to comment as well.

15. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I don't know what the big fellow shaves like but to me it's aggressive. More so than the single ring and old type. Crazy as it may sound it felt like the r41 to me. I'm going to try them side by side this week to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

July 16, 2017

Jamie's Night Shave->
    1. Hot Shower
    2. Musgo Real Glyce Pre Shave soap
    3. West Coast Shaving - Rum Runner Soap
    4. Semogue 1250 Boar Brush
    5. MAC METAL WORKS - DE Razor (fatso - aluminum)
    6. New Kai Blade (wow - 1st time using this blade - seemed sharper than a feather to me - got a few tiny weepers but the alum took care if it quickly).
    7. ALUM Block \ West Coast Shaving - Rum Runner Aftershave/Cologne.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  17. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

:thanks: Gentlemen!!

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD - 16 July 2017
    [​IMG]

Have a great evening!

19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

July 2017 - Time to straighten up!

July 16 - Grand Blade Trials [​IMG] Special Edition!!

Razor - Feather SS
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Soap Commander Courage
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum

I recently ran onto a couple of new blades for the pain stick. And Mongoose, for those of you so inclined. Some of you may have found them earlier but I hadn't seen them until a couple of weeks ago. A Schick blade for AC razors. Interesting. Schick generally makes good stuff so I'm hopeful. Just to have another option. Not sure where the blades are actually made, though Schick is owned by Edgewell which is an American company. Same company that owns/makes Personna, so a U.S. origin is possible, though doubtful in my mind. They make the injector blades in China and the AC blade more resembles that.

I gave careful consideration for the lather to try an unfamiliar blade and decided to trust Soap Commander with my face. I've never had a bad lather since I tried it out, and with the Jayaruh brush I figured I was well covered. I chose the Feather SS over the Kai just because. I feel comfortable with either.

Lather was not disappointing. Super slick and plenty of it. I did only lather half of my face at a time to help keep it from drying out if I slowed down too much. The first few strokes were pretty impressive. My initial reaction was that the blade is not as sharp as the Kai Original or Feather Pro. More along the lines of the Kai Mild, though maybe not even quite that sharp. Still, good reduction, smooth feel, no real issues. First pass went off without a hitch.

The second pass where I went XTG, well, there were a few hitches. All of them bad technique on my part. I was pushing things trying to get the blade to respond and it did on a few occasions. The cost to me? One very minor cut on the neck. Now, if I had put a Feather Pro, Captain Original or even a Captain Mild in and made the same mistakes I'd still be trying not to bleed out. I'm pretty amazed it isn't much worse considering the times I set down too vertically, dragged the tip instead of a flat setdown, and one XTG stroke where I rolled the angle out and it skipped. Yep, should be in the ER right now instead of typing this. So......we can say this blade is forgiving. Very forgiving.

I'll stay with this one through this week or until it gives out to test its longevity. A fun way to change things up!

[​IMG]

20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus