SoS: July 11, 2016 - July 17, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

To your comment on London Barbershop scent-I would listen(although I'll probably get the aftershave).

mrchick, Morman Bridge and clint64 like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: AlumiGoose Grey w/Hempel Ti
    Blade: Feather Professional (4)
    Brush: Tres Amigo Desert Ironwood Beehive w/Envy White
    Soap: TSD 2x Iced Barber Shoppe
    A/S: TSD Iced Barber Shoppe

The Tres Amigo Desert Ironwood w/Envy White knot produced an excellent lather as it always does. It doesn't seem to matter what soap I use with this brush it just works. A 3 pass shave with a touchup and all is well for a DFS.
    17 07 16d.JPG

3. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG] Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro Blade (3rd Shave)
    Hans Baier Silver Tip
    Haslinger Tallow Soap
    Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had My 3rd Shave with the Cobra Classic Tonight that Martin Kindly Sent on this TSR Pass Around..I Went for the Money Button BBS Dolphin Smooth Shave..I am sitting here again with an All Over Dolphin Smooth BBS Result..I don't mean form North to South & form East to West neither..I mean in every Darn Direction..:D

This is My Last Shave with the Cobra before I Pass it On So here are Some Final Thoughts..The Cobra is by No Means a Blood Letting Monster..After having a few Shaves its More Like Middle of the Road in Terms of Aggressiveness..Around about a Schick Type G Injector with the Same Pro Blade..Its a Very Forgiving Shaver..Very Smooth..That said..Folks that Cant Handle or Not Used to a Crazy Sharp Pro Blade like this Might Confuse the Cobra as being an Aggressive Shaver because these Blades are Not for Everybody..They are a Lot of Blade for Sure..;)

A Lot of Folks that have Purchased the Cobra are Folks that will haven't Any Experience of Aggressive SEs or Injector Razors & Will be coming from a DE Background..There isn't a DE Out there that is as Aggressive as Some SEs or Some Injectors for that Matter..The Cobra is Well Balanced & Just so Beautifully Made..I Really Like this Razor a Lot..:p

I Haven't any Criticism of the Cobra except that its One Hell of a Price..Then Again So is a Head Nipping Wife that's Just Gonna Grow Old & Wrinkled..I wouldn't get No More than 4 Great Shaves out of a Feather Pro Blade the same as in any Razor..They Dull Very Fast & I Enjoy a Crazy Sharp Blade..:)

The Only Advice I can offer to Folks is this..If You Reckon a Crazy Sharp Blade is Not for You then the Cobra Might not be the Razor for You..I say this because using other Blades in this Razor is Just going to Take Away what the Cobra Actually is..You are as Well as Buying a Gillette Tech..I have used an Array of these Types of Blades & all they Will Do to the Cobra is turn it into Very Mild Razor..Of Course that's Fine & Dandy but I Just Don't see the Point of Buying a Porsche & then Detuning it..Thats Me Talkin Mind..:cool:

Thank You Martin for the Opportunity to Have a Go with You're Cobra..Its Been a Privilege that I have Enjoyed..Don't Take this to Heart buts its 10 Times the Razor of You're OneBlade..:happy097:

I Love You're Cobra..:love055:

Billy..:chores016:

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

In the Good Old Shavertime!

July 17

Grand Blade Trial - Day Off

Razor - 1959 Gillette Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Tabac
    Brush - BoS Omega 10066
    Post - Alum, Nivea, The Veg

With the first two blades done and in the books it's my Sunday Day Off Shave for the Grand Blade Trial. So, after a bit of thought, I grabbed the '59 SS and a Voskhod and the Tabac. And, of course, the Veg. I also kept the Nivea on board just to help recondition and keep things in shape for next week.

Not too many shaves that work better than this setup. The Aristocrat and Voskhod is really my favorite but the Flare Tip is an awesome setup as well. Two passes to a very fine DFS and the alum was absolutely silent. And......ahhhhhhh........Tabac. I've missed you. Got all nice and smooth with the Nivea and splashed on the Veg and absolutely slayed them today. Five customers, five sales. BAM!

Tomorrow the trials resume with the Dorco Prime in the Slim. And, of course, Arko back as the soap. Hope you had a great Sunday and that it was a bit cooler than here. Wouldn't take much.

Boojum1, clint64, ilts and 8 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Shave Den Sunday!!!

[​IMG]

6. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    TIMELESS/STORK/POLSILVER ~ SAPONIFICIO VARESINO

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  7. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sunday:

Muhle R106 w/ shavecraft handle
    Razorock XXX soap
    Simpson Colonel in Manchurian
    Lucido Splash

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Nice picture, great stuff Amigo. Have a good week! :happy088:

Douglas Carey likes this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Muchas gracias amigo! :)

10. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Nice photo Douglas. Like the matching of the muted colours of the brush, A\S and background.

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

c'est très bon mon ami. I've always liked that beautiful Diplomat with case setup. Bonne journée

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much @Red Rider.

Red Rider and Robyflexx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.