SoS: July 4, 2016 - July 10, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Navarrsky

Navarrsky Well-Known Member

Classic Cobra
    Paladin
    Eufros
    Myrsol
    [​IMG]

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats Guy. The razor stand looks fantastic too.

ram57, Billyfergie and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

You know what, instead of waiting until tomorrow I broke out the Parker R22 and transplanted the Shark blade into it and I ended up getting a great shave without any nicks, cuts, or any other issues. It's definitely a more aggressive razor than my Super Speed but with careful attention it's not so bad after all. The Sottozero soap's nice, minty scent and rich lather were most enjoyable and so was the mild cooling effect. The Skin Bracer went on ice-cold and fresh! :happy088: :happy088:

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Hi Guy, this is a high quality American made shave soap. The scent is great classic Bay Rum, and the lather is outstanding. The Ingredients: Water, Stearic Acid, Tallow, Babassu Oil, Cocoa Butter, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Fragrance Oil / Essential Oil, and Glycerin.
    You can contact Adam (@Drygulch) I believe he know the soap maker. It was Adam that first mentioned this soap to me. Hope this helps.

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Amazing picture with a heck of a looking razor. How do you like the Timeless Guy?

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

July 10, 2016
    Timeless OC with Triad Ti
    Persona Lab Blue (1)
    Doug Korn DK7 with Druida Manchurian
    Nuavia Rossa
    Witch Hazel

[​IMG]
    Do you ever have one of those days where you just have to change things that already work? Today was one of those days for me. For no logical explanation, I decided to go with a Persona Lab Blue blade instead of the normal Feather. Talk about turning a great shave bad that single change did just that very thing. I made it through a painful first pass and changed the blade out to a Feather and finished up the shave in fine order. I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday.

7. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Sunday

Hot towel x2
    Vulfix Lavender
    Thater brush
    Merkur with a Gillette Silver Blue
    Thayers and Myrsol post

image.jpeg

8. river-rhine

river-rhine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My Sunday-morning-shave:

Face-Wash: Calani Bella Salina-Saltsoap
    Lather: Meißner Tremonia Himalayan Heights
    Brush: Mühle Silvertip-Fibre 23mm
    Razor: Bunny Injector V3 / WILD
    Blade: Schick (1)
    Pass: WTG - XTG - XTG and ATG
    Aftershave: Pitralon Polar

Happy Sunday - Enjoy the day!​

9. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I mistakenly did a strange combination this morning that worked out just fine. I thought I was combining TOBS Rose and TOBS Lavender, but ended up grabbing the TOBS Almond instead of the Lavender. I would have never chosen that combination, but the result was a very pleasant scent.
    Slim Adjustable set to 9
    Rapira Swedish Blade
    TOBS Rose and TOBS Almond Face Lathered
    3 passes

10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I agree with you regarding the Lab Blues. I won't use them. I will, however, use Med Preps with enthusiasm.

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The Lab Blues were my blade of choice in the beginning. I still have a huge box and just had to give them a try again. I won't make that mistake again.

12. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Head & face shower shave. 1 days growth.

Technique: WTG / XTG / ATG/clean-up.
    Prep: Shower.
    Soap: Barrister and Mann - Rhapsody
    Brush: BSB-Ti w/HMW Extra Dense
    Razor: Star 1912
    Blade: Gem by Personna(1)

This was my first time using Rhapsody soap, but I've been using the splash periodically for the past week. While the margins are getting tighter and the field is getting packed with top-notch artisans, Barrister and Mann's Glissant soap base remains my personal benchmark. It hits all the right criteria for me: ease of lather, durability, water range, density and cushion, slickness, and post-shave feel. That's not to say that I haven't used other soaps that are slicker than Glissant, for instance, but Glissant manages to meet all the criteria well and consistently.

In true Barrister and Mann fashion, Rhapsody is a unique and complex scent. Upon lathering, I get a rather striking and robust pungent pear blossom aroma. There's no mistaking this is the foremost scent of this soap. Pear blossom is a complex scent all by itself. I have quite a bit of experience with the scent as I was surrounded by pear trees where I grew up. The scent of a pear blossom changes quite a bit over its lifetime. The early blossom is bitter and green and later, at full bloom, it evolves to the familiar pungent scent that travels on the wind quite well. As the blossom yellows and then browns, it peaks with a sickly sweet scent with acrid notes. Rhapsody seems to hit this just before the sweetness really hits. It's not all pear blossom, though. As the shave progressed, the profile got deeper and heavier with warm sandalwood and patchouli and finally a musky vanilla.

The splash starts the step-wise introduction of the aforementioned notes in just about the same order, only faster, of course. The dry-down is a pleasant pear blossom, vanilla, and musk that seem to be equally distributed. Much later, probably around 4 hours, I detect a transient peppery note before it fades.

Rhapsody is not your typical floral scent. It accurately captures the pungent essence of pear blossoms without being single-faceted by incorporating somewhat subtle complementary notes.

13. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Timeless SB
    Voskhod Teflon Blade
    TOBS Lemon & Lime Shave Cream
    Omega Black Badger
    Dove Post Shave Balm
    Old Spice After Shave

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Very nice review!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sorry that Lab Blue tore you up. Awesome set up amigo. Have a satisfying Sunday. :happy088:

16. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Coldest Shave
    I recently traded for Truefitt & Hill 1805 cream and Chiseled Face Cryogen preshave. I put a dime sized bit of Cryogen on and thought - huh, this isn't so cold - so I slapped on more. Wow! My eyes watered throughout three passes and my face is still cold now. The 1805 lathers up very quick and thick - the Futur glided easily and comfortably to a drama free BBS. The scent of the cream is very nice and subtle. I wrapped up with BM 42 aftershave and my face feels great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It is all good Mark. Hope you have a great day as well.

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Fantastisches Bild mein Freund!!!

Vielleicht kannst Du mir etwas sagen - diese Meißner Tremonia Seife..........ist der Schaum leicht anzuschlagen?

LG,

Tdmsu, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Tortoise and 2-band...very nice!

clint64, ram57, Douglas Carey and 2 others like this.