SoS: November 14, 2016 - November 20, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You are close. This is the Thu Bon river in Hôi An.
    I've been thinking of you vets on this trip. I was standing on China Beach yesterday talking to a former ARVN lieutenant about the Marines in Danang.
    I've learned a lot about the war. Thank you for your service here!
    It's a strange world here. Yesterday I watched a Vietnamese couple take wedding pictures on top of a pillbox on Marble Mountain. It was hard to reconcile taking joyful pictures in such a solemn place. [​IMG]

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

What an interesting trip you are having. Little know fact, there where 3 Marble Mountains just outside of Danang. I was take from one them to the hospital 19 July 1968. I think it's good to see things have changed. Thanks for this Brian. :happy088:

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

How much snow did you get, Douglas? I am assuming you got the same storm that just went by me in MN. It moved through us a little faster than they forecasted, we got about 8". Really wet stuff that got tracked down and frozen to the blacktop; gonna take a long time to scrape it down. I drove 100 miles of pure crap today to get to my jobsite. Was 3" of frozen, chopped up and rutted snowpack. It was a 30mph, 4wd crawl the whole way.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Yea sometimes it can be a bad thing since it takes even longer for the stubble to grow back lol.

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20161121_183822.jpg

Prep: RazoRock Mister Joe
    Razor: Gillette Superspeed flair tip
    Blade: Pol-Silver
    Brush: Maggard 24mm synthetic
    Soap: B&M 42

Got a decent 3 pass shave today. Haven't made up my mind if I like the scent of this 42 or not. it certainly is unique, floral sugar lemon.Paired well with the Southern Oud which is also on the floral side. no complaints about the performance since B&M has a great soap formula. Hope everyone enjoyed their shave!

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, let's get outta here and post in our new SoS thread! lollll

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Done.

8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Sorry.... [SHEEPISH]

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

We are still getting snow now. It has been snowing for at least 31 hours. Not really sure how much. Post a question in the new thread and I'll let you know in the morning.

PickledNorthern likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.