SoS: November 26th, 2012 - December 2nd, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Nov 25, 2012.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It's a cream which I cannot be without!

Azarius and Llyr like this.
  2. D3ADLY

D3ADLY New Member

I'm gotta get me some of this and give it a whirl.

crackstar and Llyr like this.
  3. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Quarter of an Hour of Zen:

Musgo Real pre-shave oil
    Martin de Candre scented shave soap
    Semogue #1305 shave brush, Boar bristle
    Cobra Classic SE
    Feather Professional (3. shave)
    Bloc Osma alum
    Musgo Real Classic after shave

The Semogue (or any decent Boar) and the MdC are a face-lathering match made in the shave heavens! I do like my Mühle Silver Tip Fibre but when it comes to the MdC, all it does is eat the Semogue's dust...

4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I had my MdC out for my last couple of shaves. I can successfully say that the bathroom smelled like the soap. :) I absolutely love it! I think its one soap I could never be without. I have only ever used my Simpson brushes in it, as I no longer have a boar...but I would be interested in seeing how it works with one!

5. dinatali

dinatali Well-Known Member

shower
    SWK XL scuttle
    Merkur 34C
    Personna red #2
    Arko Stick
    Semogue LE IB
    witch hazel
    Arko Balm Max.Comfort

6. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

The scent is really something, I agree. I also leave my bowl open between shaves and the bathroom smells delicious. Talk about a Zen experience in the morning, stepping into this smell after a warm shower... Yummi!
    And regarding using a Boar brush with this soap: expect first rate lather. Lots of it. Seriously.

fishcrow, crackstar and Llyr like this.
  7. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Again, you are absolutely right, my friend Jeff. ;) You will always have them :shaver

crackstar and Llyr like this.
  8. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood Soap
    Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8
    Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
    Brush simpson M7 LE Finest Silvertip
    Shaving Cream GFT Coconut Oil
    Alum & Witch Hazel
    Una Brennan Moisturiser
    Penhaligon's Castile Edt.

A very smooth two pass shave from the old timer.

[​IMG]

9. jbund

jbund Well-Known Member

Feel like a "scuff bum", but it is just going to be one of those days anyway. I normally wake up at 0245 which is about 45 minutes before my alarm clock is set for. I get up then and turn the alarm off and I have a good long time to get the shave in. Not this morning, somehow it was 0315 when I woke up. So everything has been rushed since even the shave. It actually is an OK shave just a bit less close than I have come to like. It was just two passes WTG and XTG. But it says a lot for the 7 AM blade that is in the Merkur again this morning. It still feels a bit like it is tugging on the WTG pass (and it sang as the whiskers bit the dust) but in the end there is NO irritation and a good shave (even rushed like today) and no real need for any shave balm (except that I like using it). All in all an acceptable shave for the day. Though I am sure I will hear about it when I get home the daughter will complain about my being all stickery I am sure. Oh well like I said one of those days!
    A splash of hot water
    Proraso pre/post cream
    VDH deluxe scented soap
    Merkur HD with 7 am Plus Hi Platinum blade
    two passes WTG XTG
    an final application of the VDH while cleaning up
    a warm and then cool water clean up of my face
    a dab of TBS Maca Root razor defense
    and a spash of the old Clubman
    and the race for the rest of the day was on though still half a beat of tempo.

10. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

SOTD Tuesday 11-27-2012

Razor: Gillette Super Speed F2
    Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
    Brush: Omega 10077
    Cream: SuperMax Menthol
    AS: Menthol by FreshUp

This morning I had more free time than usual,shaving proceed with 4 passes- WTG/DTG/XTG/ATG for clear BBS! :happy108:

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

23sdus5.jpg AnherbConditi.jpg Barber_Aftershave_Osage-Rub_LRG.jpg Tuesday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/Shark day 2
    Pascale Menthol SC :love055: :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing:
    Anherb AS Conditioner :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Osage Rub AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EDT

What a delightful cream this Pascale Menthol is - a scent which reminds me of Irish Spring soap, such rich lather, and a mild but very nice cooling effect. The Anherb conditioner and the Rub made sure I had a good post-shave chill. Today's shave was awesome. ;) :D

12. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

Menthol Monday:

Proraso Pre / Proraso Green SC / Semogue 830 / EJ DE89L w/ Feather blade / WH / Osage / Armani Code EdT

Tuesday:

Proraso Pre / The Fat / Semogue 620 / EJ DE89L w/ Feather blade / WH / Ogallala A/S

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354021375.990080.jpg

13. iambatman85

iambatman85 Well-Known Member

Tuesday

No Pic today to early before work and I was tired. Stayed up late watching Revolution. Man I'm getting old when 11 PM is getting late.

Pre Shave - Hot Shower, Noxema face wash
    Shaving Cream - Proraso Red
    Brush - VDH Boar
    Razor - Gillette SS
    Blade - Personna Israeli Red
    A/S - Pinaud Clubman

What a great shave. I was running a little late so I told myself I was gonna do a two pass shave. Ended up doing three passes with touchups because now that my technique is better those Israeli Red blades just slide across my face.

14. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Tabac & Proraso now that looks like a great combo,I'll have to try that this week :D

wknicholas and Norseman like this.
  15. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Tuesday November 27, 2012
    [​IMG]
    • Prep: Brush soaking in hot mentholated water, face washed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, luke warm shower
    • Razor: Bright Nickel Canadian Tech monuted to T2 Handle
    • Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
    • Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
    • Soap: Tabac with added Menthol
    • AS: Aqua Velva Musk with added Menthol

What matters is "does the razor get the job done" and the Tech gets it done. It takes 3 full passes and buffing to get a great shave but I never have that raw feeling no matter how sharp of a blade that I use. That means more to me that having a single pass shave but my skin being abused.

The Tabac with the added menthol was nice...the great lather and smell of Tabac, and the freeze of the menthol was a winning combination for me.

16. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Tuesday:
    soak brush/Omega B&B Essential Brush/DB 1.5 Scuttle
    hot shower
    Proraso PrePost Cream
    Cella SS
    Joris 1912T/Polsilver SI (1)
    warm water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    warm water rinse
    Thayer's Original WH
    Pitralon Classic mixed with a pea sized amount of 444

Today was the first time I tried a Polsilver SI in the Joris.I've tried the Polsilver in the Joris and found it to be a nice and smooth shave.The Polsilver SI is a bit different,I think it's a more aggressive blade,at least in the Joris.Today's shave was very close,almost too close and I hardly used any pressure at all,no irritation or razor burn,but the Monster Block Alum let me know how close it was :angry021: Well maybe not that bad,LOL!!! I had planned for a bay rum splash but decided maybe a BR burn was not what I needed and reached for Pitralon Classic.

17. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 J. Rodgers
    Vintage Williams
    30mm Grade A

Superb shave this morning. It took me a bit to get the bevel set but once that was done it sharpened up very well. Enjoyed the vintage Williams as always.
    [​IMG]
    online photo storage

18. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Muhle Retro black/white silvertip Brush
    Muhle Sea Buckthorn Shaving Cream
    Muhle R89 Grande
    Shark (3)
    3 Passes
    Hot/cold water
    Aramis After Shave Lotion
    Another smooth and relaxing 3 passer. I enjoyed the Aramis ASL so much yesterday, I had to go back to it today.

19. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Tuesday 11-27-2012

Merkur Open Comb 1904 w/ Voskhod Teflon
    Proraso PSC
    Al's Shaving Cream - Boheme
    Semogue 820 Boar
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Nivea Replenishing ASB
    Brut Original Cologne

Received this Merkur OC 1904 from sevenbark and it's a beauty. Now I can throw my other one in the junk heap where it belongs. This one has the quality I thought I purchased before. I really love the Al's Bomb in Boheme! That's my kind of scent; heavy and long lasting. :happy088:

Shave Photo 39SM.jpg

20. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Tuesday
    Merkur 37C
    Voskhod
    Semogue 1520
    Gold Dachs Rivivage
    Old Spice Pure Sport

fishcrow, Azarius, wknicholas and 9 others like this.