SoS: November 26th, 2012 - December 2nd, 2012

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Nov 25, 2012.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

tibetlathershavingcream.jpg 444_gel_01-340x340.jpg AltInns.jpg Thursday:

#6 Horsehair
    Super Speed/Shark day 4
    Tibet Forest Fresh SC :love055: :love055: :smiley freezing: :smiley freezing:
    444 AS Balsam :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Alt Innsbruck AS :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui EDT

Once again I enjoyed a great face-freezing shave - this Tibet cream from Bangladesh has tons of rich lather with an awesome menthol sensation, as well as a nice scent. The 444 and Alt Innsbruck are also a terrific combination. Now, it's off to work! ;) :D

2. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 Kropp
    Vintage Williams, mentholated
    30mm brush
    Lea balm

Great shave this morning, it's been menthol Monday all week so far. I rehandled the Kropp again and will leave it as it is. Have a good one.

[​IMG]

Smoothy, fishcrow, crackstar and 12 others like this.
  3. jbund

jbund Well-Known Member

Well, I did actually shave yesterday (Wednesday)and it was a rather good one. Slept too late again so it was sort of rushed but a nice shave. It was day three with 7 AM blade but still a smooth, comfortable and close shave. Since it is my face and blood I consider changing the blade out for tomorrows shave. The shave was the best part of the day most everything else was down hill from there.

Warm water face wash
    Proraso pre post cream worked in to beard
    more warm water over cream
    VDH boar brush
    Cella soap/cream in a tub
    Merkur with 7 AM blade
    two passes WTG XTG and a bit of touch up.
    TBS Maca Root shave balm
    and Old Spice to follow up.

The Cella made up a nice lather smooth and creamy with support for my skin. A nice shave all around.

4. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

Now there's a very strange coincidence Steve I had to put my elderly Wirehaired Fox Terrier to sleep last August aged 15 I'm still gutted to be honest, but the Wife and I are Dog people my home just doesn't feel right without a Dog, and even though I've always loved to walk walking with your Dogs much more fun. I'll leave you with a little clip of Blue and myself having a bit of rest and relaxation.

Jamie.

Smoothy, fishcrow, wknicholas and 4 others like this.
  5. jbund

jbund Well-Known Member

And to be up to date. This morning actually got up at (my) time before the alarm goes off. That was after a strange night, I got to bed on time or even a little early and could not get to sleep I was real restless and my leg hurt I couldn't get comfortable. I finally decided that I would take a couple of acetaminophen. I got up and downed they with a glass of water and realized that I was very thirsty, I drank 3 more glasses of water, had to make a quick run, and even then I was still thirsty so I drank another 3 glasses of water. I figured that I would most likely be up a once or more often during the night - I slept right through. And I realized that I have been so busy a work that I am not drinking anything during the day, I will work on correcting that.

But anyway to the shave. The process was a mixed bag. the results of the effort were pretty good a near BBS. It was day four for the 7 AM blade so I was wondering about how it would do. And actually it was one of the better parts of the shave! I had planed on using the puck of Cade that I haven't touched for awhile. But as I was setting things out there was the forsworn tube of Proraso that was just sitting there waiting and wanting to be use, so I thought what the hay might as well. Normally I have loved any of the Proraso products I've tried. I am not sure what I did wrong to that tube but I didn't get a decent lather, I suspect that I didn't load my brush enough. Any way there was enough for a poor first pass, so I ended up hitting the Cade puck to get enough for pass 2 and 3 just barely. So my head and heart were not fully into this one. But I did get a wonderful insight out of it. I have been trying to figure out how to get a package mailed, I don't drive to work and it is about a 2/2.5 mile walk both ways (and both directions uphill) to the nearest post office. And I don't really feel like doing that during lunch. But it hit me I could do it Saturday when I do have the car (duh). ( See I am not always that bright about things - it is a head down bull through approach usually). Well anyway just after that illumination I notice a weeper (the first time that that blade has bitten me at all). Tomorrow for sure the Cade.

6. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

7. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

Thursday

soak brush/Semogue 620/DB Brush Scuttle
    hot shower
    Proraso PrePost Cream
    Klar Kabinett
    Gillette Ranger Tech/Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
    warm water rinse
    Monster Block Alum
    warm water rinse
    Thayer's Rose Petal WH mixed with a lil Robert's Rosewater
    Pinaud Lime Sec mixed with a pea sized amount of 444

I have to say the Ranger Tech and Yellow blade is a winning combo.Wonderful 2 pass face,1 pass head for BBS all around,no touch-ups needed.They may not last as long as the Black Ninja's but I like them better in this razor,and that's quite a feat because the Ninja's are my favorite blade.

Smoothy, fishcrow, lradke and 12 others like this.
  8. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Thursday November 29, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Prep: Brush soaking in hot mentholated water, face washed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, luke warm shower
    Razor: 1940's Gillette Superspeed
    Blade: Polsilver SI
    Brush: 1950's Stanley Home Product's Badger
    Cream: Semi-Homemade (VDH, KMF, New Leaf Shea/Coco Butter Cream and Menthol)
    AS: Mennen Skin Bracer with added Menthol

This as well is being sent off to be replated in Bright Nickel. It is not going to shave any better, but it will sure look good.

Great combo all the way around. I have not used this brush in a long time and I try not to use it that often since it is so old.

9. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Merkur Slant
    Feather
    Vie Long Brush
    Castle Forbes Cedarwood/Sandalwood Cream
    TSD 2x Iced Cedar/Lemon Splash
    Castle Forbes Cedarwood/Sandalwood Balm
    coffee-home roasted Columbian Supremo
    tunes-Bruce Springsteen (goes with the cedar)

10. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

TABAC THURSDAY:

Chubby 2 in Best
    Tabac Soap
    Face lathered
    Merkur Futur, (Set at 2)
    Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow) (1)
    3 Passes
    Hot/Cold Water
    Tabac Orignial After Shave Lotion

Wow! I think this was the first time I used the Gillette SharpEdge in the Merkur Futur, and I must say the combination was teriffic! I love the fact that I continue to discover great combinations all the time!

Smoothy, Dslazar9, fishcrow and 13 others like this.
  11. iambatman85

iambatman85 Well-Known Member

Thursday

Preshave - Hot Shower, Noxema Facewash
    Cream - Proraso Red
    Brush - VDH Boar
    Razor - Gillette SS
    Blade - Persona Red (2nd day)
    A/S - Pinaud Clubman
    Cologne - Old Spice (vintage)

Great shave. Only did two passes and touchups. was a DFS.

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I've gotten perfect shaves all this week with my Schick Injector, Arko Shave Stick, Omega 10029, Old Spice, and a re-branded Personna blade...
    Today was D5 and the shave was still effortless, irritation free and oh so close....although I think I'll change it tomorrow...I usually change the Personnas out after 5 days and the Schicks after 7....just habit I guess....but that custom started after finding that was more often than not ; the point of diminishing returns.. for me...;)

Smoothy, fishcrow, lradke and 13 others like this.
  13. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Thursday 11-29, 2012

6/8 C. V. Heljestrand, Full Hollow, Spike Point in Pakkawood
    Proraso PSC
    Speick SC
    Vintage Austrian Barbershop Boar
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Nivea Replenishing ASB
    Pashana Original ASL

A slow start to a very rainy and cool day in Southwestern Oregon. (To be expected at this time of year.) I will be meeting up with a friend and we can roam the local Harbor Freight store for some great buys on some tools. After that it's a nice lunch and watch it rain. LOL

Badger & Blade 1343.JPG

Smoothy, Dslazar9, fishcrow and 13 others like this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thursday - another day closer

Prep: Hot shower
    CD: The Best of BB King ~ The Millennium Collection
    Coffee: Home roasted, fresh ground Kenyan AA, BLACK
    Soap: TSD SOTQ C1 - Temptation
    Brush: Every Ready 250PB with original knot
    Razor: Merkur 34C set in red mallee burl handle
    Blade: Voskhod, day 3, 3 passes
    Post: Cold water rinse, Brut ASB, Brut cologne, hand strop blade
    'Stache Wax: Steve's Own

Darn near BBS. Great shave.

Smoothy, Dslazar9, fishcrow and 14 others like this.
  15. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

Thursday morning, trying out some new stuff ...

GoatMilkStuff Cedarwood Soap *new*
    Gillette 1971 R3 Super Adjustable *new*
    new Voskhod blade
    Vulfix 404 Brush
    Blue Floid AS

First, the goat milk soap has a really nice scent; this is the second product I've tried that was a cedar type scent and I reallllly like it. Now, I had a hard time lathering this soap, it just came out reallllly light; maybe it was me, maybe it's the nature of the soap - it's gonna need a few more shaves. Second, i love the loooooong handle of the superadjustable! setting 3 was a little mild, so next time I'm gonna crank it up to 5 or 6 and see what happens. The razor feels great in the hand.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

[​IMG]

A quick hot water soak of three day's growth...
    plain bath soap, slathered on by hand...
    Rolls (a later model, is all I know)...

3 pass BBS+...
    a/s - vintage Sportsman and vintage Old Spice a/s talc (not pictured).

It took a half hour of the boring old click-clack but I finally got this Rolls' blade in shaving order.

17. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Thursday morning shave, November 29, 2012

Schick E2 Injector razor w/ Schick blade (8)
    Semogue 1250 boar bristle brush,
    TABAC with Proraso Uberlather,
    finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

B P 13.JPG

Smoothy, fishcrow, lradke and 10 others like this.
  18. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Thursday - 29.11.2012

I've had some bad shaves lately. Bad shaves in the sense that I always manage to cut myself. Tonight I did it for the third time in a row, fourth if you count the gash in my middle finger. And these cuts affects the quality of my shaves.
    I do not know what I have done to annoy the trickster god of shaving, but I am not amused. And every time it is the Gillette black 7 o'clock blade who is the culprit, which is/has been my favourite blade. Perhaps the above mentioned deity have stocks in Feather razors

Now I had intended to shave with the Dorco 301 blade, but since it felt like shaving with a butter knife, I threw it out after a few strokes and picked up my EJ89 with the "G7ocbb" instead. Bad decision :)

Anyway..

Merkur HD/Edwin Jagger DE89
    Dorco 301ST/ Gillette Indian Black
    Geo F Trumper Coconut Soap
    Lijun Shaving Finest Badger
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    Ogalalla Bay Rum Aftershave
    Proraso Styptic Gel :(
    Maybe a strip of band aid

DSC_4599.JPG

19. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

I finished my 8th shave with a Chinese Schick injector blade this morning. Like you, Lloyd, I'll be using a new blade for tomorrow's shave!

Llyr and oscar11 like this.
  20. burpsan

burpsan Well-Known Member

Wednesday Evening & Thursday Maintenance

Yesterday morning's one pass Socially Acceptable Shave didn't last long enough for a scheduled (or so I mistakenly thought ... but that's a tangent) meeting in the evening.

Therefore, maintenance time ...

Thursday evening maintenance:

Eucerin moisturizing cream
    Simpsons Milk Churn
    MWF
    Merkur 23c w/ Astra SP
    Cetaphil gentle cleanser
    Master Bay Rum (body)

Solid two pass DFS+. Had a little time, so I pulled out my Milk Churn and bowl lathered.

[​IMG]

Wednesday maintenance:

Eucerin moisturizing cream
    Omega 10083 pro boar
    T&H Ultimate Comfort cream
    Merkur 23c w/ Astra SP
    Cetaphil gentle cleanser
    Master Bay Rum (body)

Sweet two pass DFS++. Would have been BBS with some touch-up.

[​IMG]

So, I went from SAS? to DFS+ to DFS++ almost BBS in 24 hours time! :D

[edit: pics added]