SoS: October 13, 2014 - October 19, 2014

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 12, 2014.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ok, everybody - here are my shaving plans for tomorrow morning!

Menthol Monday:

Gatsby Ice Cooling Gel Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/new Sharp
    Stirling Glacial Obsidian SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Dolce & Gabbana EdT

This is a set-up only for a hard-core menthol addict like myself because it can be very uncomfortable for many guys if they are sensitive to the cold stuff. Even the Gatsby facial wash is strongly-mentholated and the cooling sensation really comes out if it's on your face for a couple of minutes. The Glacial Obsidian soap is so freezing that after a while it makes your face feel like it's on fire. I admit that a bit of extra work is necessary to produce a rich lather, but that extra work will definitely pay off for you. The Gold Bond moisturizer is another great face-freezer and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel will make you cry "tears of joy." I'll be watching this new Sharp blade for this week because now I'm concerned about the longevity, or perhaps the lack of it. This blade brand seems to suddenly lose efficiency as opposed to others I've used. ;) :D

2. weathertimesusa

weathertimesusa New Member

Holy moly

Llyr, vwp528 and LifesShort like this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Shave Plan ~ Menthol Monday, 10/13/2014

Prep: Warm/Cold Shower - Neutogena Invigorating Face Wash :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Razor: Schick Injector I-2
    Blade: Schick
    Brush: Simpson Commodore X-3 Best
    Lather: Proraso Green :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Post: Alum Block, Menthol Witch Hazel :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave Balm :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Cologne: Pino Silvestri :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:

Stay frosty! :git:

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Shave for OCtober 13th ...

The FaTip is a very aggressive razor and even in this configuration I will only use it a second day (13th) and then move to something else in the OC rotation. Usually a razor such as this, or the 2013 R41, gets used for two days then it is back to a less aggressive razor.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod141013.JPG
    OCtober 13's zcws.png
    I'm gonna have to get me some of that menthol bomb...

Noxema Classic Clean
    Cella Crema da Barba
    Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
    Gillette NEWTopia LC
    Astra Superior Platinum
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Mennen SB AS

The Cella Crema da Barba face-lathered very easily with my Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes with my Gillette NEWTopia LC and Astra Superior Platinum blade were exceptionally smooth, today, and gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Mennen Skin Bracer after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  6. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

7. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

New setup for Monday, 10-13-2014

RazoRock Fresco Shave Cream
    Simpson 46 Best
    Pre-War Gillette Tech
    Personna Lab blade
    Fine Aftershave, Platinum

DSCN0080[1] (1024x768).jpg

Everybody have good Monday

Dave

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

SOTD
    Heres my shave for tomorrow
    October 13, 2014
    Prep: Hot shower. Noxzema
    Razor: iKon DLC OC
    Blade: Ladas
    Lather: TSD Pumpkin Harvest
    Brush: WD Silvertip
    Aftershave: Captains Choice Cat O' Nine Tails
    Go out and get it!
    image.jpg

9. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

How come you use 2 creams? Are they a good mix?

Llyr, vwp528 and crackstar like this.
  10. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

Llyr, ram57, vwp528 and 2 others like this.
  11. Omelmad

Llyr, vwp528 and crackstar like this.
  12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

today's shave
    hot water wash with nivea men's
    Parker pure badger brush
    c.o. bigelow
    Gillette single ring
    persona lab(4)
    Osage rub
    today's shave for menthol Monday. pretty cool. three passes, cleaned up. finished with the rub(rubby dubby do).
    hope y'all did as well, or better. 20141013_050835.jpg

13. Omelmad

Shave of the day, menthol Monday

Pre- Hot shower, Bulldog original face wash

Soap/cream- Craftsman unscented and Stirling Glacial wintergreen

Brush- Omega boar 10810

Razor- Gillette slim adjustable

Blade- Personna super

Post- Cold water rinse, Speick aftershave and Nivea aftershave balm

I don't often try new blades, but @david of central florida sent me a couple of blades with the Slim and they have been in front of me for a while and I have been wanting to try Personna blades. Veeery nice and smooth shave! I'm glad I tried it. Gonna use a couple more times, but it seems like it could be a blade that's for me

2 passes WTG and a little XTG of some stubborn patches. Not the closest shave BUT I have to irritation so I'm happy with this.

I wanted a cold lather but the glacial by itself is to much for me, I load the Craftsman Unscented soap and a little of the Glacial. I loaded more than usual this time but not to much! I liked the chill kick! =D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

they are my standard.
    they're sharp, smooth, and last forever, not overly expensive( here anyway).
    all others are judged in my mind as, as good as, or worse than labs.
    of course YMMV.
    I'm glad you liked them.

15. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Light Menthol Monday
    The only menthol I used today came from the Proraso Green pre shave cream. It combined nicely with the Lavanille to provide a cool shave with the excellent scent and performance of the soap. The shave was smooth and easy with a little irritation on my neck because I went to fast.

Pre: Proraso Green pre barba
    Soap: B&M Lavanille
    Brush: HIS
    Razor: Vorschlaghammer
    Blade: Personna lab blue (3)
    AS: B&M Kyovu bay rum
    [​IMG]

16. Omelmad

I wish I could find out how much it would cost to send 100pack from the us to Sweden. They are a bit expensive from the UK. Where do you buy yours?

17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Monday

Prep: Hot Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Bath Soap
    Soap: Maggard Limes & Bergamot
    Razor: Gillette Slim
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
    Brush: Elite Razor Silvertip Amboyna Burl-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Azzaro

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Maggard Limes & Bergamot today. I loaded my new Elite Razor brush for 20 seconds and got enough great lather for 3+ passes. I popped a new GSB in the Slim. Another excellent smooth, close, nick free shave. I finished with Azzaro.

Bob

[​IMG]

18. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Monday:
    hot shower w/Mistral Black Amber bar soap
    Taconic unscented PSO
    Gillette BlackTip S/S 2 passes
    Voskhod Teflon (5)
    Dr Dittmar soap using my marble shave bowl with matching boar brush
    Thayers unscented w/aloe
    Murray & Lanman Kananga Water cologne

SWMBO was in Chicago over the weekend and stopped at both an AOS store and a Merz Apothecary and brought home a few bath soaps and some shaving samples. I read the following description of the Black Amber and decided even if it didn't sound like me I still needed to try it.

"Our most exotic scent that is an Eastern blend of warm amber, fresh lemon, richly fragrant woods and sensual patchouli for a strong and passionate man."

Another very nice shave from my BlackTip which has earned a permanent place in the rotation. Even on shave number five the Voskhod showed no signs of needing to be retired.

Have a great week, fellow shavers!

19. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

10/13/14

Prep: Warm wash with Stirling Naked & Smooth bath bar
    Lather: St. James of London Mandarin & Patchouli cream
    Brush: Omega 10006
    Razor: Gillette New SC
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)

3 passes this morning. Still dialing in the cream in order to get a decent slick lather. It was a bit airy today, so tomorrow, add a little more water.
    [​IMG]

20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Gem Jr. razor (baton handle) Treet blade
    Colgate Cup Soap
    Burma-Shave boar brush
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel/Sage mix
    Pinaud Clubman A/S

The Gem Jr. is an extremely mild razor for me. Have to work hard to get a good shave. But, I persevered and all is well.