SOS: OCtober 2018

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

[​IMG]
    My first shave with the new Dovo Masters. (For those interested, SRD is running a 40% off their whole site, so you will not find a professionally honed Dovo at a better price). Anyway, I don't buy in to the theory that soaps are seasonal. However, there are a few exceptions, and Pumpkin Spice is one of those. I just don't see it as being anything but a fall scent, so as a result, this sample doesn't get much use. Too bad, because it's freaking awesome! In fact, for the kind of lather I like (slick, but with some body to it), the wide variety of really excellent, bold scents, and the value for the money, no one approaches Stirling. No one. After trying and reviewing many, many, soaps I keep coming back to Stirling and am never disappointed with the experience

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thanks guys...............

3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Ikon Tech. Always an adventure.[​IMG]

4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I’ve been refreshing this Filly with three laps of red paste after a shave. I’m switching it to 10 of green. This baby has just gotten too sharp. :shocked003:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Mike’s Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender
    T&H Super Badger
    Filarmonica 6/8 Novodur 13P
    Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

Filarmonica 6:8 Novodur 13P AOS MNSHL TH TRWH.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

alfredus, DaltonGang, brit and 15 others like this.
  5. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

Sotd:
    Preshave: Proraso White
    Bowl: Castle Shave Lather Bowl
    ShaveSoap: FCSS Blod Av Dreki
    Razor: 9/8 Wade and Butcher FBU
    Aftershave: FCSS Blod Av Dreki
    Fragrance: THB TTH

Stupid fantastic shave today! Excellent performance from all contributing members in this Shave! Let’s start my Brad Sears is arguably my best brush right now in my den. Perfect back bone and very luxurious gel tips creates both an excellent face or bowl lather! FCSS has blown me out of the water. WOW THAT SHIT IS GOOD! scent off the puck is a darker version of THB Tell tale heart. It’s not the same but similar in my opinion. The scents I find replicate a cinnamon or ginger(call me nuts cuz my wife did) I’m bad with identifying certain notes in scents. Once lathered it very much changes to an awesome woodsy combination and is very strong(not in a bad way). The lather was superb and very easy to whip up. I didn’t over load which showed me you didn’t need much for this to pack a punch. After each pass the lather got better and better as if it matured on the brush causing it to get thicker. I also noticed I didn’t have to add water to often which I don’t even find that to be an issue in any soap. Slickness was great! Post shave feel excellent! And post slickness for touch ups was on point aswell. Aftershave is just as strong as the soap and you can tell it’s definitely a creeper! To pair the soap with a fragrance I found the TTH fit perfectly although the soap and aftershave are so strong I would even recommend putting on a fragrance unless it worked well with the soap! This stuff is really great and I look forward to getting more Canadian artisan soaps in my den!![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Spencer, alfredus, brit and 16 others like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

It may be the photo but the guard looks jagged.

Linuxguile likes this.
  7. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I have been a fan of First Canadian Soaps for awhile now. If you like Tobacco and Citrus, their Maximo Gomez is a personal favourite.

8. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The Way It Is For Friday:

prep-Dial 4 Men Bodywash(Ultimaye Clean)in shower
    shave-Barbasol Regular
    razor-Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot + DisposeABLE
    A.S.-Gillette Series Cool Wave Splash

10. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Hybrid ATT SE1 on WCS 175S handle / Feather ProGuard / Wild West Brushworks Block Party Stubby / TAOS Kingston LE
    [​IMG]
    Third Pull on this blade and it may have been the best shave with it, pulled nearly as nice ask my favored KAI on it's first use, whereas the KAI was done after the third shave this one has more left in it still.

11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Psst, wrong thread! Time to lock this one!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

12. CastleShave

CastleShave Well-Known Member

Thanks I have 4 other samples I have to get through of Randy’s stuff so hopefully I’ll be able to try this all out as an FCSS month lol. This was my first from them definately not my last!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

7968903b-8334-47ca-ac80-642e5c2dbea2.jpg
    Outstanding
    Two passes on my neck easily took down three days growth. No weepers or irritation. Maybe the •• plate is the best for me.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Supply SE ••
    Blade: Schick Injector
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Silver Surfer
    Lather: Dr. Jon's Defiance
    Aftershave: Dr. Jon's Defiance
    Additional Care:
    WSP Sandalwood PSO

14. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

ilts likes this.
  16. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

My last shave Of OCtober... Always blown away by the '04 DR and I'm loving Brad's creation!!!

[​IMG]

17. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Putting in November.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Look closely at the blade.

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ahh, there it is! Fancy.