SOTD first open comb

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by benjiboy, Aug 22, 2013.

1. benjiboy

benjiboy Member

I purchased a FaTip Piccolo from a member of The human drift on Facebook. It's my first open comb. I cleaned it up and got going. First impression, man this little thing is heavy! Looks cool too. Shower, EMJ face scrub, C.O. Bigelow cream, VDH brush and bowl. I had going on my third day of growth. I couldn't believe how smooth I was on the first pass(WTG). Relathered and went ATG. It felt like I wasn't removing anything, but the noise this razor makes assured me I was! Only had to do touch ups to finish. I was going for a DFS but ended up BBS! I love this razor! So far, I am amazed! Rinsed with warm water, pat dry. Followed by Clubman AS and Nicea balm. No irritation and only a small weeper under my chin from bad technique. The guy sent me some Astr SP's and Personna reds which were a surprise! I used the Astra and loved it. It was the first time using them. If you are looking for a more aggressive razor, give this a try. I don't have thick growth but I do have coarse hair that grows wuickly and used to have to make 4+ passes and looked like I hadn't shaved midday( not good in the military). Next I need to get some more soaps and creams.

2. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Glad to hear that you liked your first shave with an open comb. You need to get a vintage open comb next I have several really enjoy the shaves from each one. Have you checked out Italian Barber yet, the RazoRock soaps are really good.

benjiboy likes this.
  3. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

Whoa, that thing will come in handy in Autumn when trees start to drop their leaves!! I'm kidding! Nice looking razor...a bit scary, but nice none the less.

4. benjiboy

benjiboy Member

Yes
    I have checked them out. I'm waiting for a buddy who I got into DE shaving to order some stuff together.