SOTD while traveling

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by George X, May 15, 2016.

1. George X

George X Well-Known Member

This is a multiple review based on a difficult experience while traveling.

I packed the DOPP with my Merkur 38C, an Astra blade, a tube of cream I have never used before Kiehls Close Shave Squadron, a sample of Truefit and Hill Ultimate Comfort cream and a sample of the Art of Shaving Sandlewood cream which I have used before. I also had a Travel Parker Badger brush and some Dreadnaught pre-shave oil.

The attempted processes.

I started as I do every day with the shower and a cold water prep with the pre shave and the Kiehls. Ugh, I couldn't get a decent lather. It was the worst first pass I have ever had.

I ditched the Kiehls and lathered the Truefut for pass two. Nice rich lather, a bit dry and not as slick as my home shaves with TOBS on the shaves, and I couldn't feel the blade which made me think, bonus closeness. As I prepared for the final pass, the face didn't feel as smooth.

As I was preparing for the final pass I went to a third cream. I said screw it, am going to the AoS cream. Lathered it up and applied. The feel,of the blade was still not noticeable but the results were. The Merkur is my first DE and I recently acquired an Evahs's which is my new go-to for home shaves and this is the first time miss the Merkur since.

I think I now understand the difference between a mild razor and an aggressive. Feedback from feel and sound were missing from my Merkur while traveling.

I learned some things. When you travel, it is not the time to experiment. I ended my a smooth face, not the best experience getting there, but I deserved what I got.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx and mrchick like this.
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

My travel kit consists of reliable products of which I know they work for me. When traveling with cabin baggage only, I pack a Gillette G2 or Contour. Otherwise I use a Feather Popular.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, George X and Robyflexx like this.