SP injector Vs Pal adjustable.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Dear friends,
    I shaved last night with my newly acquired SP injector on the medium plate and I found it to be a magnificent shaver. Two passes with corrections and even now as we speak, I can barely feel stable.
    I have a Pal adjustable arriving tomorrow and I want to know the differences before I put it through its paces.
    Can anyone compare the two injectors for me please.

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I don't know anything about the SP injector personally. I understand it is a fine razor. I own and use a Schick adjustable and really like it. I used to own a Pal adjustable. I really didn't like it. It looks great, but the design of the head left two prongs that got in the way of my shaving. I piffed it. Others like it though. Maybe you will too.

3. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I'd read somewhere about QC issues with PAL adjustables (I have two; gave one to my grandson so I had to get another), but mine seems to be fine, quality-wise. Shave-wise is a different story. The Schick definitely out-performs the PAL. I started at mid-setting then cranked it wide open and just couldn't get the closeness I got with the Schick.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I have to agree with the above, while the Pal Adjustable did give me good shaves, the Schick Adjustable I recently received is a lot easier to handle and shave with.. I get great BBS shaves with the Schick and I am really still trying out the different settings.

5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I'm going on record to say that even with a twin blade I hate the Schick Adjustable. Does it provide a good shave? Yes. Does it shave comfortably and smoothly. No!

MPF9, Linuxguile, Demidog and 4 others like this.
  6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I think that the PAL adjustable is the finest adjustable razor ever made! I know, I know... YMMV! Well, I get the closest and most comfortable shaves out of my PAL! The Schick adjustable is a fine razor, but the PAL beats it every time for me. How's that for hype?

MPF9, Demidog, Billyfergie and 4 others like this.
  7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

:signs011:

8. Robyflexx

:thanks: Jim

9. Robyflexx

:)

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

A few others and myself documented that here some years back. Mine had an unevenly machined head that totally threw off the blade. Bloody, until I actually looked at it and saw plain as day what was wrong. Impossible to fix, unfortunately.

11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Ooo Roby. You hurt my adjustable's feelings. I love the Schick Adjustable. YMMV

HERM

12. Robyflexx

:)

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

The PAL is one of the more efficient of the injectors, but I never enjoyed the shaves I got from it. I think the SP beats it in efficiency by a fair margin, and I find it way more comfortable.

14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The PAL Adjustable has always been a little controversial. It takes a little more focus to get the angle right and the sweet spot is not as wide. But when you've got it right it excels. If it wasn't for the twin blade the Schick Adjustable wouldn't hold a candle in my experience. :happy093:

15. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I broke out an S3 Gillette Blue blade tonight to use in my '47 SS. Needless to say, I've had better experiences. Decided to touch up using my PAL, second shave on the blade. Started on high, finished at mid-range...after some Nivea balm, I feel smooth & soft. Quite nice.

16. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

The SP injector is great, super efficient, you barely know it's doing anything.

Many love the Pal adjustable. I liked it only for its looks.

I found the handle, while nice looking, awkward to hold. The adjustable mechanism can also be prone to weirdness.

Good luck with it...you may love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

I'll be testing it tonight along with the SP on middle and the Rockwell on 4. I'll post about it.

Karl G likes this.
  18. Robyflexx

:happy088:

Karl G likes this.
  19. Robyflexx

[​IMG]
    :happy097:

Karl G and PickledNorthern like this.
  20. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn