Spam! Spam! Spam! Thank You! Spam!

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Dridecker, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:bamspam:​

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, the spamming of our forums has been on the uptick quite a bit lately, so the Mod team wanted to give a quick update, and a word of thanks.

First off a big "THANK YOU!" :thanks:to all the forum members that took the time to report the spam to the team, your efforts are greatly appreciated and help the mod team to immediately locate and handle the offending posts when we log in.

Secondly, our administrator Sparky has been diligently working behind the scenes to address the problem, while walking a fine line to insure he doesn't reduce the forum experience of our actual members and new forum signups in any way, and to keep the spammers and spambots out.

Slow Joe, richgem, macaronus and 4 others like this.
  2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Yes thank you Ladies & Gents! The reports help is zero in quite quickly compared to browsing the "Undread" threads and allow us to nuke those guys trying to tell you super diet pills that help with both menopause and ED at the same time. It's a nice group effort in my humble opinion to keep these annoyances off the forum :)

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks to our members, mods, and admin! I have been truly impressed by how quickly all the spam has been handled! :happy096:

macaronus, Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Spam is much like graffiti, if you get rid of it in a timely manner, they won't come back.

macaronus and Omelmad like this.
  5. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

It is pretty annoying to have those posts. They are selling poison. That's why I'm on my watch hahaha. If something is reported more than once do you mods get several annoying emails or
    Something?

Because when someone has posted "Reported" I do not report the thread again so that your mailboxes doesn't get spammed also =P and I post reported when I report threads also for the same reason

Slow Joe, RaZorBurn123 and macaronus like this.
  6. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

It's like keeping the neighborhood free of shady characters. Gotta keep TSD spam free.

RaZorBurn123, macaronus and Omelmad like this.
  7. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

8. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

It is in all of our own self interests to report spam. Spam is the cockroach of the electronic world.

RaZorBurn123 and Dridecker like this.
  9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Nope, an initial report is generated by the first person to report it, then as other members report on the same post, their name is added to the list of reporters.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Omelmad

Okey that's nice for you =) thanks for the info

11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And much like the cockroach, will also probably survive nuclear destruction.

So... about that finder's fee....? ;)

markjnewcomb likes this.
  12. Omelmad

Hahaha what finders fee ;)