Spare fatboy lid/case anyone? **COMPLETED**

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DarkAudit, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

In trying to remove the lid of the case for my '60 fatboy, I snapped off one of the tabs that hooked over the pegs on the base. The break is at the point of maximum stress, and I don't think the epoxy is going to take.

So, if anyone has an orphan lid for a fatboy case, give me a buzz. It's not urgent that I have one, but a nice to have. With the lid closed, you can barely tell it's broken.

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Sorry to hear about the accident :(

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

That's a bummer. Can I ask why you were removing it? You have to remember that these cases are pretty old and brittle.

4. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I was working on the assumption that the lid was going to be as easy to remove as the Super Speed cases I have so I could clean it. Such was not the... case (groan) for the later ones. Lesson learned. The razor that came with it is still ok... and mine :)

5. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

When it comes to cases, the design of the case for the FatBoy (and the #195) is one notch above the competition! I know there are a lot of nice cases out there, but IMHO this is one of the best looking!

Very sorry to hear about you accident! And I wish I could help you, but I can't.

Hopefully someone has a spare lid, or case, for you!

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I busted my fatboy case because I didn't realize how bad of an idea it was to put shelves so close to a light switch. I will check to see if the lid portion is still complete and get back to you.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

My recommendation for cleaning the cases is to soak them in warm (not hot) sudsy water for a bit, and then gently wash them with a sponge on the clear plastic, and a toothbrush scrub for the inside where the razor sits. If necessary, Flitz Polish works wonders for getting scratches and haziness out of the clear plastic lids.

8. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I'm looking at no more than a wipedown with a damp paper towel once that Red Tip arrives. :angry032

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Not to worry. I already cleaned and polished it. ;)

10. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

I did nearly the same thing about a week ago. I had a few of my razors out for cleaning. I had a SS sitting on a TV tray, when I got up to get something I bumped the tray, down goes SS and crack! It broke exactly as you are describing yours.

11. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Sorry, I checked and the lid actually has both tabs broken off. :(

12. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

*shrug* Thanks for trying anyway. :)

13. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

How are you supposed to take the lid off? It seems you would have to really hard and it will break.

14. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

bump...

If not a lid, a spare case will do.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have been looking around for one.. If i see one will pick it up for you.

Fuzzy

16. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

Thanks. I saw a couple case only auctions on the bay a few weeks ago, but that was before I got the fatboy in. Figures. :)

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That is how my luck runs too:D

Fuzzy

18. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Have you still not found one yet?

PM me your address, I will send you my case. I do not need it.

19. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I stopped looking, then decided to bump this earlier today. PM sent and thank you :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.