Sputnik blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by geogaga, Jul 21, 2010.

1. geogaga

geogaga Member

I saw a little about Sputnik blades, not too much in reviews section. Is there any interest for them, what would you compare them to if you have already tried?

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Alexey, I have had bad experiences with the Sputniks. :( My beard is VERY heavy and tough, as well as dark, but unfortunately I also have sensitive skin, and I find the Sputniks pull badly, and leave me with bad irritations. They do no comfort for me, so I must to not use them.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

Jeff, are there any shaving products you haven't tried?! You must be the most connected man in the wet-shaving world. :)

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I found them to be similar to Dorco ST-301's, except a little on the rough side. I only used a couple of these from a sample pack so my experience is limited.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

:happy102 :happy102 My friend, you will never believe me--there are sooooo many products I never tried!

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

where can you order sputnik blades?

7. geogaga

geogaga Member

Yeah, I read about you and Sputniks in the review section. I have the same facial setup :D Stefan thinks they're similar to Red Personnas. I must try some :)

They were available at "razor and brush", but from what I've heard lately, the business is shut down. I'll order some from Russian distributor /not wet-shaving/ along with the other stuff my friend buys for his needs.

8. herzi

herzi Active Member

Indeed. I never had problems with Sputniks. For me they are very nice blades. better than Derby and many others.

9. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

sputniks where dull, compare them to dorko. they pull hair.

10. geogaga

geogaga Member

Ok, I see. It's like with Astras, very opposite experience among us all :)

11. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

When I use DE blades, I use exclusively Sputniks. They are the easiest on my face. No roughness, no pulling. Just a great, smooth shave.

If I had to make one bad comment about them it's this: I would prefer not to buy blades made outside of the US (certainly not in this "ally" country).

Performance wise, I can't compare them to anything else. I've used Feather, 7 O'clock, Derby and Personna. All of those blades roughed up my face pretty badly. The Sputniks are the only ones I've found that work well with my beard/skin type.

Since I don't use DE blades on a regular basis, I haven't tried the vast majority of them so my experience is, without question, very limited. I just like them out of all the others I have tried.

Robyflexx likes this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Shoebox Shave Shop. I've order from here before. Fast service. Usually an extra goodie or two. No complaints.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

+1 on Shoebox! Gary is a great Guy and a pleasure to buy from! I have bought and will buy more stuff from Gary.

14. geogaga

geogaga Member

Now I'm gonna try these :) Thanks, guys!