St Charles Shave Fairway Rose Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by ThePossum, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Of all the SCS products I have purchased this cream was the only one that disappointed me. That disappointment came in the scent. Usually I rave about the scents of St Sue's products but this one was not what I expected.

Too much like a rose and not enough "fresh mowed grass" scent. When I am told it was like a "fairway" I think golf course and there are not many rose bushes on golf courses.

Now that I have had my one and only rant on the cons of this cream I want to say that there are many things good about it.

It makes wonderful thick and slippery lather that seems to last forever. If it does get a bit dry simply add a bit more water (SCS creams just love water) and a couple quick swirls in the mug with the brush and you have more of the same type lather.

As for Rose scented cream I guess it is pretty good. It really does smell like real roses not some "fake" candy smelling rose.

Like all her products St Sue has priced this cream at a point where it would be a "steal" at twice the price.

I say that I would buy it again but I am sure that there are other SCS scents that I would like better. Anyway, St Sue has discontinued this particular flavor so buying it again is not possible.