St Charles Shave Savory Rose After Shave Milk

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by ThePossum, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

This is the first after shave "milk" that I have ever purchased. The wonderful scent of roses makes this product a favorite of myself and my wife. She wants me to get some of St Sue's Savory Rose EDT. Of course I told her I would put it on my Christmas gift list! :happy108

The price is very good. A bit more than a drug store after shave product but that can be expected due the SR ASM being far superior to off the shelf drug store products. And it is a good deal less than most of the "name" AS products I see touted on B&B.

The quality is not in doubt. Nice texture, wonderful smell, great looking bottle that my wife loves. My compliments Sue.

Fights razor burn I would say that is so. I have had a slight irritation occasionally and the SCS SRASM has taken care of it in good time.

I didn't really sense a big time cooling sensation with this product. I didn't really expect it and when I did not get it I was not upset.

The rose scent is great. As it's name suggests it is "savory" and last more than just a few minutes. It linger around for a few hours at least. Scent is not over powering either. Just right.

Over all I think it does its job very well. Great scent, has astringent qualities, helps with razor burn and cools a bit.

Without alcohol the ASM provides good moisturizing qualities for my skin. No dryness. Face feels soft and smooth.

Has no alcohol so there is no alcohol burn.

I do want to mention that I discussed this product with Sue before buying it. Mentioned that I use Thayer's Toner as an astringent after each shave. Sue suggested that I forgo the Thayer's when I use Savory Rose ASM because it contains witch hazel. Of course I did use both on two occassions and found that I did get what was similar to "alcohol burn". When I used the Savory Rose by itself everything was fine, no burn. See, it pays to listen to a woman in such circumstances.

2. CloseShaver

CloseShaver Member

SCS Savory Rose was not as good as I expected

To me, everything was above average; however, it was not as great as I expected. The scent was great, if you really like rose; otherwise it was just fair. Healing eas acceptable, but I had better. I will say it moisturized and absorbed well, keeping the face smooth. I probably would not buy it again.