Stainless Razors for the long haul

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by xnykid, Dec 6, 2015.

1. ASD2

ASD2 New Member

I only know them from ordering just after the Kickstarter closed.

In the retail world would they be considered great? No.

But this was a Kickstarter. A couple of kids with little experience in manufacturing getting a complicated product made in and shipped from America while living in Canada.

I can't even imagine how they got the additional capital to make V1.1 let alone this MIM V2.0? MIM dies are really expensive right? At least a whole lot more so than contracting out some work on a CNC. It would have been easier to fold, but they doubled down and are getting things done.

Compared to the other Kickstarter items I've backed (don't get me started on Beluga), they are in the top 10% in communication and top half in time to market (if we are counting this newest revision as the product I backed).

I've found in life that it's absurd to expect perfection from anyone (even a Doctor with a 4.0 can average being right just 90% of the time in medical school). So I don't judge on initial perfection, but on the effort to get things done right eventually. This is why I shop at stores with liberal return policies, it might cost more up front, but if there is an error it will be corrected.

Bosoxfan and xnykid like this.