Star Trek..The TSD Generation...

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Slipperyjoe, May 25, 2012.

1. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I bring you greetings and felicitations from the Star Trek Universe. Here we will openly indulge our Trekkie fantasies and discuss all things related to the universe that is Star Trek. All are welcome..come post your opinions, links, thoughts and ideas. Pull up a chair, relax and we'll take it to warp speed. Who knows.. we may even cross into parallel universes like Star Wars, Star Gate or even Babylon 5 and beyond. So without further ado, here's a video I dug up just for you to ignite the discussion..and OMG it's hot like superheated plasma..and I'm not kidding.. ENGAGE!

Badger-Face, dcc and KLF like this.
  2. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Greetings, Earthling! Well, I must say that your post comes at an opportune time. I have just taken possession of my Merkur Futur and I swear I heard it say "Resistance is futile, you shall be assimilated". or was it "... you shan't be assimilated?" Oh well. SHMBO says it looks very high tech, am sure she meant to say sci-fi tech ;-) Although, 'Alien Tech' has a nice ring to it too...

My wife also recently introduced me to Deep Space Nine, she couldn't believe i had never head of it before although i thought of myself as a Trekkie, until then. go figure... I was up to date on my various Enterprises as well as the Voyager but have to admit that discovering DS9 is fun.

Live long and prosper is what i say.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  3. Slipperyjoe

Peace and long life..ya there are some great episodes in the DS9 series IMO. Parallel universe scenarios, huge space armada battles battles and of course it has it's share of space chicks. I liked much of it myself though admittedly there was some painful stinker moments. There's actually an Internet remake of the old material and some of the old gang is there like Walter Koenig, though lately the site seems to be having problems..http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/?p=863
    There's even some DS9 there..if you can get through. Oh and good luck with the new razor..I think Merker has recently equipped it with the latest in quantum warp technology...

4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Rock on! The best days were in high school. There were 3 channels that if watched at different times one could watch about 10-12 episodes of Star Trek in a day...the best part was they didn't overlap...you just had to change the channel. I believe the day started out with 2 hours of Cpt Kirk...then about 7 of Picard, and it finished nicely without an hour or two of DS9 ( my personal favorite!). Anyway...I am excited to see where this thread leads!

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  5. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Great thread! We used to have STNG parties every Wednesday(I think that's when it was on). Just a group of about5 or 6 of us and we would get together and watch the new episodes. Good Times.

Slipperyjoe likes this.
  6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Pssshh......above all else is Doctor Who. Space is not the final frontier. Time or dimension is.

But I do like ST, too.

Timelord, Azarius, burnout961 and 4 others like this.
  7. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Now your talking my lingo I watched ST with my dad when I was young , but if where talking parralelle uni.'s or dementions.... Sliders is where it was at

KLF, burnout961, lradke and 1 other person like this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Who is indeed on First.

(pun intended)

Timelord and Slipperyjoe like this.
  9. Slipperyjoe

I'm Big fan of the good Dr ..and Billy Piper..;) Seen many of them from the oldest to the newest. There was a sixties episode which had spawned the Cyberman..it was apparently one of the "lost" episodes of Dr Who, unearthed only recently. To me it seems like the Star trek writers had discovered this particular episode as well. Besides the basic premise of a person being converted unwittingly into a cyborg, there were if I'm not mistaken, also familiar references to the term and the process of assimilation. The episode was made in the early sixties and featured a rather elderly Dr.

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Sliders was amazing! But there is one more show that I think deserves some recognition...some of you may know him as Captain Johnathan Archer...But I first knew him as Dr. Sam Beckett. This is a far leap (no pun intended) from the initial post, but Quantum Leap was another beloved show of mine when I was a kid (I had older brothers...we were and still are a bunch of nerds in my family).

quantum-leap.jpg

11. richgem

The First Doctor was indeed quite elderly. And he gets (more or less) younger each time he regenerates.

12. Queen of Blades

Quantum Leap is awesome! Saw an episode recently. Still awesome.

lradke likes this.
  13. richgem

Another similarly themed show from the same era which probably deserves no recognition:
    (although it did encourage kids to go to the library and read)

Voyagers....

[​IMG]

Jasman likes this.
  14. Slipperyjoe

Ya..I think that's happening to Billy too..:)

15. richgem

If by Billy, you mean the companions, they've all been "youthful" although the range has been from teenager (Jamie, Adric, etc.) through young adult (20s/30s). But, there doesn't seem to be a real pattern.

16. Slipperyjoe

Billy Piper..aka Rose Tyler..she'll always be young..:love029:

BILLY.jpg

17. richgem

And scary looking!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  18. Queen of Blades

She'd make a good Klingon.

PLANofMAN, gollum83, richgem and 2 others like this.
  19. Slipperyjoe

There are pictures of Miss Piper around that elicit other emotions and must not be posted on a family type venue...

20. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I'm pretty sure that's Tomb of the Cybermen. A second doctor episode with Patrick Troughton. It's okay but it's not his best. And yes, ST:TNG mixed equal amounts of cybermen and dalek to create the borg.

Slipperyjoe likes this.