Stirling and Captain's Choice shave soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by lightcs1776, Dec 26, 2020.

1. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I received a tub of Captain's Choice Nor'Easter and Stirling Christmas Eve. My understanding is that @Captain Pre-Capsize does not use tallow, while Stirling is definitely tallow based. I thought I would share why I keep both soaps on hand. I find both soaps are very easy to lather, both are slick, and both have great scents. Stirling has a wider variety of scents, as well as more scents that appeal to my wife, who uses a Lady Gillette. Both are similar in price and I find them very affordable. However, Captain's Choice makes some great scents for men. In fact, my wife stated that the Nor'Easter is definitely a manly scent. My wife does appreciate Captain's Lime, but prefers the strawberry, pineapple, and of course the Christmas Eve. If you have not tried either shave soap, I highly recommend both of them. I also recommend Captain's shave balm, as I find it very comfortable on my face after a rough shave.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

2. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Both are great vendors that make great soaps. They're also both great people.

3. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Captain’s Choice are nice people and a great company - their scents are among my favorites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Scott is definitely a class act. I would be even more inclined to purchase from him if there were more scents. I tend to rate scent almost as important as performance. Both have great scents that are strong enough to satisfy me. Stirling just has a bigger selection, so in the case of a scent that both vendors carry, such as lime, Captain's will typically win out.

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Chris, I am a Stirling fanboy because they have a large selection of scents. Also, Rod and Mandy are veterans and are very nice people. Moreover, their customer service is great and they keep their prices reasonable.