Stirling barbershop soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kevinwine85, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Kevinwine85

Kevinwine85 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I have been using the mitchells wool fat and love it, but here recently I decided to buy the Stirling barbershop soap, I currently have it on the way, I was wondering about others experiences with it. Is it any good?

2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Awesome soap scent slickness performance. It’s all there Enjoy it. Can’t get a better shave soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and Yehuda D like this.
  3. chrisgeeo

chrisgeeo Well-Known Member

One of my favorites!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  4. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I've used Mitchells and Stirling. Stirling is a great soap, no matter what scent you get. Top performance in my opinion.

5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The nicest barbershop scent I ever experienced with fabulous, rich, slick lather and top post-shave care. You can't beat it.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

It’s typical Stirling performance (fabulous!) and one of many great scents. It was my very first Stirling soap, and the one I also bought for my dad and brother’s first soap. It’s a great scent.

I also have the shampoo bar in Barbershop, and one of my greatest joys in day to day life is smelling my six year old son’s soft hair when I get my going to work and coming home hugs. :)

7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Barbershop is one of my favorites as well. I rotate soaps but find Barbershop works its way into the rotation at least every other week.

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I guess that Im in the minority here because Ive never been a big fan of Stirling. I didnt find it all that slick and it irritated my skin.

MR41 and LevelupShaves like this.
  9. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I love the stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Stirling makes a fine product. Only have one (Clubman), but it's a winner.

Yehuda D likes this.
  11. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I bought several pucks of Clubman because it was on sale and I love the AS. I haven’t tried it yet though so I really hope it smells close to the real thing. I KNOW it will perform.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  12. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Have not tried Clubman yet. I do have a few other Stirling soaps: Executive Man, Sharp Dressed Man, Coniferous, Bay Rum, Orange Chill, Black Cherry, Vanilla Sandalwood, and Barbershop. Need to reorder the Bay Rum as I am down to about three or four shaves left.

13. Rebyah

Rebyah New Member

Love Barbershop scent! I have the trifecta for bar soap, shampoo bar and shave soap. My wife loves the smell. Even my sister in law wants me to pass a sample to her now converted wet shaving boyfriend.

brit, Paul Turner and Yehuda D like this.
  14. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Herzlich Willkommen bei Uns! :)

Primotenore likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm very happy I have it(Stirling Barbershop soap).

Yehuda D likes this.
  16. PumperNickel-BageL

PumperNickel-BageL Active Member

Barber Shop is nice but I prefer Stirling Sandalwood or Bay Rum scents over the BarberShop

Great soaps

17. SFTrooper

SFTrooper Active Member

Stirling makes great soaps. Their Barbershop scent is different from the typical barbershop smell but I like it. Stirling soaps have all the bases covered as far as I am concerned.

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As many here know, I've been using Clubman Original A.S. to follow my Barbershop(Stirling)soap.

Jim99 and SFTrooper like this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Interesting. I like Stirling barbershop soap and it’s a fantastic scent, yet I can’t stand Clubman.

Go figure!

20. Biglou

Biglou Active Member

Just placed an order of a couple sample sizes of Orange Chill, Glacial Lemon Chill and Tea Tree.

I thought about the Barbershop or Sandalwood but only wanted to buy a couple to start. Next time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk