Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Dapper-in-a-can-man, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I recently contacted Rod at Stirling on making a Glacial soap out of his popular Sharp Dressed Man scent. Working with Rod was great. He kept me updated asking the process and didn't mind my input. (I even got to help with the name! :p)
    Now for the review!

Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo:

Scent: 10/10 I already love the Stirling Sharp Dressed Man scent, so maybe I'm a little bias. I opened the package and could instantly smell the menthol rolling off of the soap.

Lather: 10/10 I believe I got a new version of Rod's formula. It took some getting used to, seeing as how I'm used to his harder pucks, but it loads much easier and is as easy to lather as it is to load.

Performance: 10/10 This soap is BONE CHILLING COLD! It still has Stirling's great slickness and skin conditioning, but seriously, I warn you now, it's FREEZING!

I highly recommend this soap if you're looking for something with an edge. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review! I got my sample a couple of days ago and it will be my first soap to use after this stupid No shave November bet is over at work. I may just call it quits and forfeit my $2 so I can start using my Stirling samples.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Terrific review. :) :smiley respect: This soap is my next choice along with the Glacial Lavender which I recommended.

4. Dapper-in-a-can-man

@crackstar you won't be disappointed by the amount of menthol. It was intense. I decided on a two pass shave this time around. It probably didn't help rinsing with cold water :p

crackstar likes this.
  5. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Yeah, looking at this, forgive me. This is my first real review :p

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Nothing needed to forgive. Good review. :happy088:

7. crackstar

I'm sure it does. Rod puts the exact same menthol content in all the Glacial soaps to make them the most frigid shaving items I ever experienced in my entire life. The Wintergreen, Obsidian, Lemon Chill, and Spearmint are so bitterly-cold that they make a normally-mentholated soap feel insignificant and they're definitely more potent than the Yeti Snot and Synergy Frost_byte. My brother-in-law tried a shave one morning with my Obsidian and he suffered a lot of discomfort because he just couldn't handle the effect. It's his fault because I warned him before.

Tdmsu and GDCarrington like this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

It sounds like you will be warning him again ... :D

9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Nice job, Dappy!

[​IMG]

10. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Thank you guys :p

crackstar and GDCarrington like this.
  11. crackstar

The strongest menthol he can tolerate is Proraso White which is kid's stuff! :rofl:

Razor Blade X, Tdmsu and GDCarrington like this.
  12. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Sounds more like something Leif used yesterday :p

GDCarrington and crackstar like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice job! Very cool that you were involved in the process. :happy088:

14. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Rod is great with his costumers. I'm certainly a customer for life.

crackstar likes this.
  15. crackstar

Three years later I'm a proud owner of the Eskimo Tuxedo soap and I'm in love with it. Its scent for those of you who are not acquainted with it, is awesome. (Sharp Dressed Man) and its lather is a pleasure to work up. The menthol power of it can freeze a man's face off so as Dappy commented, be warned. This soap is not a gag - it packs a lethal menthol punch which can shake you up if you can't tolerate it. Like all Stirling soaps, this one is extremely skin-friendly but again, this is a menthol atom bomb.