Stirling impression

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Troy M, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I recently received a bottle of Stirling Glacial Spearmint from @PLAla. It makes my eyes water and my face sting but my wife loves the way it smells. However, the real impression comes from my 15 year old. He now has a girlfriend and has progressed into the stage of "cleanager". Shaving and smelling good are now very important to him. He has used all of my gear but now has his own razor and brush and shaving cream. However, he uses whatever aftershave I have out or around the bathroom. He decided to use the Stirling. After about 2 dates, he declared that it should be called Stirling Liquid Pain!

brit, AGHisBBS, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Because of the chill of it, I presume??

3. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

That's what I think.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I found that Spearmint to have a little burn before the glacial chill kicked in, more burn than a typical alcohol-based splash. It's an interesting experience!

brit, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

At least your 15 year old will try aftershave. Mine has taken to everything except aftershave and claims that all of my aftershaves smell the same and smell like old man. I’m waiting for him to grow out of it.

brit, Troy M, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
  6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy102:

Linuxguile and Frijolero like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I'll gladly permit you to tell him I went for Clubman at just a little over his age. I don't recall saying it smelled like an old man-all I cared about was that it smelled GREAT.

MntnMan62 and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I appreciate you putting your experience out there for his consideration. Fortunately and unfortunately (depending upon the situation), he really has a mind of his own. I just sit back let him explore things on his own, no matter what those things are. Whether it be shaving, music, biking, etc. For instance, I'm a big fan of biking but since he was about 2 or 3 I stopped mountain biking for some ungodly reason and took up road biking. Anyway, he has had various kids bikes and the last one we got him was one that he could use on the road. When I asked him about riding on trails he did not express any interest and instead voiced a desire for a BMX bike. He did his own research and found one for himself that we bought him. I recently decided it was time for me to hit the trails again and after about 12 years, got my mountain bike tuned up at the bike shop so it was as good as new. He looked at my mountain bike with a very different look, gazing longingly at it and every once in a while saying "that's a great looking bike". It's nothing great by today's standards but it is a good basic mountain bike that I upgraded significantly during those years I was riding it. New Marzocchi Bomber Z4 suspension fork, upgraded the entire drivetrain (front derailleur, shifters) to Shimano LX to match the LX rear derailleur that came on the bike stock, new Sun Rhino Lite wheel set with LX hubs, Titec stem, handlebar and seat post, ODI Rogue grips, Diamondback bar ends. Now he wants a mountain bike. And of course he's looking at the expensive ones with full suspension. This being his third bike I'm not going to spend a ton of money on another bike. I'll get him a decent entry level mountain bike that has some reasonable components and a frame that is worth upgrading over time, and on his dime. But his deciding he now likes mountain biking shows me what I already knew. That he is very open to suggestion and influenced by things. It just has to be the right time. So I'm guessing he'll come around to aftershaves, especially when the girls become a bigger part of his life. Sorry for the long rambling and mostly unrelated rant.

9. Paul Turner

I have little experience with bikes that aren't the essential "3-speed" we all grew up with. I sat on my friend's 10, and immediately wobbled all over the place. I decided, how can I ride it if all I do is wobble around?

10. brit

brit in a box

my son has a beard and won t use anything..bearded gamer...