Stirling Scots Pine Sheep

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Michael_W, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I sent away for a tub of this and received it in the mail yesterday (after ordering it on Thursday—quick service!). Naturally, I had to open it up and try it out right away.

Let me tell you, for those of you who are hesitant to try anything with pine scent, this does NOT smell like pine cleaner. Instead, it has a woodsy, earthy scent that doesn't linger. It smells like a pine forest after a good rain.

The lather itself is rich and creamy, and whips up quickly. Lots of slickness.

2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I agree about the great scent. I used Stirling Scots Pine Sheep bath soap most of the time with an occasional switch for variety.

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ozark is also amazing!

Frijolero, Michael_W and Yehuda D like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It reminds me of a balsam thicket I used to walk through often, hunting deer. More than once I ended up with a branch load of snow down the back of my shirt, but that crisp scent comes back to me every time I open the tub.

And the sheep base is the slickest soap in the den.

5. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Agree, its a good one. I personally like Evergreen better but Scotts Pine has a very interesting scent profile.

6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I'm a fan too. I think it was the first thing I bought from Stirling. It's not something I want to go around smelling like all day. But for the duration of a shave it's awesome.

7. PickledNorthern

I have the AS also, and it is very true to the scent of the soap for just a few minutes, and then dries down to a simple clean soapy scent. Like Proraso green maybe. I should try it tonight, and I’ll get back to you.

8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I have a sample to try. Thanks for the review.

Yehuda D, Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  9. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I have a tub of Scots Pine Sheep right now. I really like it.

If you decide you have a fever, and the only cure is more pine scent, (cowbell skit reference), then get "Stirling Coniferous".

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I also have the pine sheep. Great performance, but I get no pine scent at all .

11. PickledNorthern

Is it older? From the tin days, or a green tub? I ask for a couple reasons, mainly curiosity. The tub I have was one of the first green tub soaps I ever bought, so a couple of years or so? The scent is beginning to noticeably fade. The bottom of the tub just poked through tonight. I also noticed that some of the lighter scented soaps I had from the old tin and puck days were fading off after a few years. I have also found that soaps bought in samples and stored in their original biolefin wrapping, don’t hold their scent very well. Anyway, sorry for the hijack, just wondering aloud?

12. PickledNorthern

Inspired by @Michael_W , I went with the Scot’s tonight.

[​IMG]

The AS is a perfect pair to the soap right out of the bottle, but it does dry down to a fairly subtle, clean scent, that I would say is like mixing Proraso Green and Skin Bracer Wild Moss.

13. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Green tub, bought about six months ago. I use it in rotation with the electric sheep and my frankensoap and frankencream.

Stirling is a great performer and I will certainly buy from them again, but will look for a more pine-forward scent .

Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

If this was their only Sheep soap, I would definitely replace it. Might go with Coniferous next tub.

Yehuda D, stingraysrock and Frijolero like this.
  15. Str8 Shaver

Str8 Shaver Well-Known Member

regardless of the scent, the performance is top notch!!

Yehuda D, Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  16. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

Not my favorite Stirling scent, but their sheep tallow outperforms their excellent Beef tallow. Always surprised by how great Scott's pine sheep is.

Str8 Shaver and Frijolero like this.
  17. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I have enough soaps/creams you enabler.

Michael_W, brit and Frijolero like this.
  18. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Do you know of any other sheep based soaps?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Frijolero and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

haslinger and mitchells wool fat are the only other 2 non stirling i have heard of..

Michael_W, Frijolero and Zed117 like this.
  20. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

Stirling has sheep, Scott's pine sheep, Port au prince, Electric sheep and Glastonbury for mutton tallow. I use MWF too, only 2 I know of right now.