Stirling shave soap reviews

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by lightcs1776, Aug 8, 2017.

1. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I recently ordered eight Stirling samples, largely due to the recommendations of folks on shaving forums. I will review the soaps as I or my wife tries them.

The first is Stirling pineapple chill. It contains menthol. The scent is fantastic, but I am not sure I am a fan of menthol. My wife has yet to try it, so I will post her opinion later for the ladies. The performance is great, although I am undecided about the menthol.

The second one I tried is Ozarks. I absolutely love this soap (all of Stirling soaps are more of a croap). The scent is very Christmas like, which I love. By the way, did I say that I love this soap? This may be my perfect soap. I will definitely order a full tub of it in the future. It reminds me of the Fall hunting woods, with a Narnia feel.

Both of these soaps performed excellently. The post shave feel is quite nice. They produce a slick, effective lather. It took very little effort to get a great lather.

As far as customer service, it is top notch. I had a personalized note on the receipt from Heather, a personal email from Rod when I had questions, and a promise to make any issues right. I am very impressed. I felt as if they knew me personally.

I will post more reviews as I, or my wife, try more samples.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Good post. Beware, those soaps multiply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yehuda D, Kokak, gwsmallwood and 5 others like this.
  3. lightcs1776

Last soap is coconut lime. Took me a while to get around to looking for it. My wife gets six samples and I get two. Seems fair enough to me.

I tried Mountain Man this morning. Soap is excellent, scent is just OK. It's definitely a decent masculine scent, just hard to impress after Ozark, since Ozark was just that good.

4. lightcs1776

I'm already discussing the next eight samples to order. Ha ha ha.

Kokak, Enrico and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Stirling family is awesome! In my den Electric Sheep is King. Nothing beats it IMHO.

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ozark is great I also like Gin and Tonic. :D

My youngest son really likes "Texas on Fire", but you better really like the smell of a campfire.

Yehuda D, Kokak and lightcs1776 like this.
  7. lightcs1776

I love the smell of a campfire. I really miss it as I haven't been camping this year. The schedule has simply been too crazy.

Yehuda D, PickledNorthern and Kokak like this.
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Ozark Mountain is one I always have in rotation. In fact, it is up again tomorrow!

theFAT98, Enrico, Kokak and 2 others like this.
  9. Triplemilled

Triplemilled Member

I totally agree the Electric Sheep is my favorite as well. Piacenza is a close second

Yehuda D, Douglas Carey and Kokak like this.
  10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It's hard not to love Stirling.

Bobcat, dustmite, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  11. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I have a half dozen Stirling soaps now. I know what you mean about the menthol. I have their Orange Chill which has a wonderful "fresh peeled orange" scent. But I have decided that I'm just not much of a menthol kind a guy. I do love their Barbershop and Bay Rum scents.

12. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

I love all of my Stirling soaps...

That being said, my favorites (so far); Piacenza, Sandalwood, Bergamot Lavender, Barbershop, Glacial Lemon Chill, Lime, Orange Chill... You get the idea.

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Then you need to pick up a sample puck of Texas on Fire

Yehuda D and lightcs1776 like this.
  14. Triplemilled

Triplemilled Member

I just noticed that the stirlings I got in the green tubs are of a hard soap and my samples and refill pucks are much much softer, more of a croap. Does anyone know why this is?

Yehuda D likes this.
  15. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It is the exact same soap. Scrape a little out of the tub with a spoon and feel how malleable it is. It is just poured into a mold and sliced to make refill and sample pucks.

Yehuda D likes this.
  16. Triplemilled

Triplemilled Member

You're absolutely right they definitely are.

Yehuda D and PickledNorthern like this.