Stirling synthetic brushes factory seconds

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by cmorris357, Jul 27, 2015.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Rod has put some factory second brushes on his site. There is a menu that lets you choose what kind of flaw you want and some of them are only scratched logos. He is selling them for $18.95

Norcalnewb and PLANofMAN like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I hate you. Dadgum enablers.

Well, it will be interesting to see what a "glue spot" is. I figured that would be the easiest thing to fix or ignore.

I would have picked "missing logo", if it didn't also come with a chance of "crooked knot."

Norcalnewb and cmorris357 like this.
  3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I just ordered a scratched logo. I would have gotten a normal brush, but it appears they are all gone at this point. From the reviews, I guess I can understand why.

4. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I would have gotten a normal brush too, but I already had a decent synthetic.

Until yesterday, when my mother stole it.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

the whole idea of selling defective merchandise seems like counterproductive to me.
    I'd expect the retailer to return defective items to the manufacturer, not try to push them off on his loyal customers.
    I'd prefer to be known for quality, not a dollar less on inferior goods.

Dzia Dzia and Omelmad like this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

If trying to hide the defect and not disclose it, yes, I would agree.
    But by letting you know it's not perfect, it is totally up to you if you want the product or not.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I think the loyal customers already purchased their brushes. These are for people like me who don't mind cosmetic issues to save a buck. It's not like these are being portrayed as perfect.

I'd rather deal with a seller who is honest, than one who cares only about "brand image." Stirling is an artisan soap maker, yes? Not a long time established company?

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  9. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I think there is a reason for it. Maybe sending them back would entale extra cost that's maybe not worth it.

10. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm on the other side of that. Anyone who wants to sell me a "blem" at a bargain, I'm in. If the product still performs as desired/designed and the flaw is cosmetic? Couldn't care less. I saved 40% off of a firearm because of a rear sight that had a blem, no impact upon performance and I paid nearly half. Woot! The pistol is not an inferior product at all. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger and the projectile goes where I aim it. Its was just missing a little white paint that I have since replaced.

macaronus and Omelmad like this.
  11. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Rod has also announced that they will soon be offering a brush with a 22mm knot and smaller handle. This may be my new travel brush.

RaZorBurn123 and PLANofMAN like this.
  12. flintlock

flintlock Member

LOL, that's what I did and thought. I'll let you guys know when it comes.

Anthony

PLANofMAN likes this.
  13. Zombiefilmfan

Zombiefilmfan Active Member

Yeah I felt obligated to give my wife my black satin tip the purest. So.... when I bought the normal Stirling synthetic before they ran out, I didn't feel so bad.

14. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Well, they seem to be all out now.

15. flintlock

flintlock Member

yep, planofman when do you expect to get yours? Mine shipped today

Anthony

16. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Mine also shipped today. Expected delivery, Aug. 1st.

17. flintlock

flintlock Member

Yep, mine to. The 1st sat.

18. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I just rechecked my tracking. All of the shave stuff I was getting on Saturday, will be here Friday instead. :)

Go USPS!

19. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I grabbed an unblemished one right before they ran out, and it took them a couple days to ship it--I understand they've been crazy busy. And then USPS drove me nuts by not updating the tracking, all week it has just said that it was still in Arkansas. So I was very happy to see it arrive this morning. It is a big boy. The knot is about the diameter and loft of my Semogue 2000 (although the bloom on the 2000 makes it much wider at the top). The handle is about the size of an Omega 10048 handle, but it's solid so much weightier. And it has a nice waist so it seems like it'll be pretty ergonomic to hold, moreso than the 10048.

20. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

Cant wait till mine gets here :)