Straight or Double Edge, which do you preferr to use

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jbcohen, Sep 14, 2007.

?

Straight or Doublr Edge which do you preferr?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2007.
  1. Straight

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. Double Edge

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
  1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Welcome to TSD John :D

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

The poll is all tied up, Cool :D

3. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

I still havent ventured into using a straight...so I voted for the DE

4. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

I voted DE, but that is only because I still cut myself up so bad with a straight, and at 4.00am each morning I don't have the time to dedicate to it.

I now reserve my straight use for weekends, and then it takes me a week of recovery before I can use it again. I just can't get them for whatever reason. Yesterdays shave has left me with a gash from under the ear lobe to half way along the jaw line, it just kinda dug in, and it was a bloody mess and I had to finish up with my beloved DE.

Cheers
    John

Attached Files:

5. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

What the hell is THAT!? I hope that is a photoshop or fake or whatever! Whoever that is.. just.. :eek:

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Photoshop for sure. Otherwise that guy would have passed out...hmm on the other hand put some AV on that face and see what happens.

Raf

7. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Depends on my mood...

If I am in a hurry, a DE. If I need an attitude adjustment or need to put things in perspective, then, most definitely, a straight.

.............................................[​IMG]

8. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I bet you could hear the reaction from miles away.. :D

9. xChris

xChris Member

I voted straight -- of course -- I'm shipping straights to people to allow them to try them out.

For me, I get a very long-lasting shave (longer than DE), and I enjoy the other aspects of using a straight too.

10. JMS

JMS New Member

Straight definitely!

did anyone else here that...it sounded like Rainman

11. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

I have a straight, and have yet to use it. I bought it around the same time I got into DE's, and in all honesty, the thrill of not having to work at it (honing/stropping, etc.), and still get great shaves appeals to me the most. Really, I have no reason to not go for it, except that my shaves are so enjoyable at the moment using a DE, that I can't justify another learning curve, and a flatter one than I used to get my current level of quality DE shaves, to get back to this point. As of right now, I could turn my back on DE's because I have only an HD and a handful of blades....hmmm.

12. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I honestly enjoy both. Especially since I got the gold Trumper DE, nothing like a little bling in your morning shave :D