Straight razor display

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Brickman301, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

I posted this in the “showcase area” as well but thought more people in here would appreciate it. It’s full of my most used straight razors.
    It was a fun and easy project to do. I was thinking about adding some LED lights, but didn’t. I still might do that later. I also bought another shadow box of the same size to make another one in the future. Now my wife wants one for my safety razors, that she now uses. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul76, Jim99, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  2. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Very nice craftsmanship! The purple really pops, yet still accentuates the blades. Nicely done. :eatdrink047:

Brickman301 likes this.
  3. pvsampson

pvsampson Member

Ummm...that one razor facing the opposite direction!! :shocked003:

Nice display though.

Brickman301 likes this.
  4. Brickman301

Thanks. I think the purple worked good. I was trying to a color that would show off the blade and not hide the scales either.

5. Brickman301

Thanks, for some reason the only writing on the blade is on the opposite side, kinda odd. Although my OCD, will probably make me flip it anyways. :D

Paul76 likes this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

So.....how easy is it to get to them, for use??

Paul76 likes this.
  8. Brickman301

Not to bad, the fabric is over thin styrofoam. I used “T” sewing pins for the razors to sit on, and one behind the heel to keep the blades open. I just have to open the blade a little more, and they lift right out. So far I haven’t had any problems. I originally thought about using small magnets glued to the fabric to hold blade in place, and help secure the razors. I still might do that.

Keithmax and Spyder like this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I like the contrast of the blades to the purple background. What room are they displayed in?

Spyder likes this.
  10. Brickman301

In my bathroom.

Keithmax and Spyder like this.