Strange Ebay Sales

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaltonGang, Aug 6, 2018.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If a buyer agrees to this and gets ripped off, is he out of luck with Paypal? He'd still be able to show a transaction with that very seller took place. And if the seller provides them with the messages, is the seller flagged by Paypal for suggesting this?

Keithmax likes this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I dont think they are allowed to suggest off site sales. This flies against the "Avoiding Ebay Fees" Rule.

gorgo2, RyX and Keithmax like this.
  3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Only if the buyer sends funds via paypal goods and services.
    If, on the other hand, it were sent through paypal via friends and family... there would have been NO protection...and paypal would kick them both off for disobeying their rules.

Ebay will kick you off for disobeying their rules also for making a transaction outside their parameters.
    Paypal will shut your account down for buying items without paying their fees and sending with goods and services.

This seller was clearly trying to save a few bucks, but he could have EASILY burned the buyer since there was no protection for an "outside" transaction like this.
    Im just thankful he actually received the razor.

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. DaltonGang

I had notified Ebay of this strange transaction, but they never got back. So, I paid.

Enrico and gorgo2 like this.
  5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Another winner. Go get this one it won't last. [​IMG]

Herm

gorgo2, DaltonGang, MntnMan62 and 4 others like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Is it being shipped from Mars?

7. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

That is a step shipping cost. But it is a milord, so it must have a security detail delivering it.

Frijolero and Herm2502 like this.
  8. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Or to mars...

Herm2502 and Sara-s like this.
  9. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

I think I will grab it just because it is a rare "unlike vintage Antique fatboy" model

Herm2502, gorgo2 and RyX like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That's the cleverest way yet of description hit mining I've seen. Stupid, but clever.

RyX likes this.
  11. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I’m having a little bit of a dilemma on a hone I bought there. The seller took over a week to send it out, only he shipped it to himself, and has barely returned messages. I’m really starting to wonder what is going on. I wouldn’t think a seller would want a bad mark on their record over a few bucks. It’s starting to not look like an honest mistake anymore.

RyX likes this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Open a claim. That should get his attention.

RyX and Paul76 like this.
  13. DaltonGang

@mrchick is right. I would start a "I Haven't received my item yet" complaint, asap. Then give him the chance to remail it.

RyX and mrchick like this.
  14. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

He responded to the message on that I was going to contact ebay and the post office to find out what was going on with the tracking showing it was delivered to the same zip code it started from,and to see if I needed to get my money back. He said he would resend it, but has not provided any tracking info yet and I’m leaning to the side that he is being shady. Since he is not responding again it looks like I will have to open a claim.

RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  15. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

You need to submit your claim ASAP. Also, because the tracking shows that it is delivered, eBay will automatically deny your claim. Once that happens you will need to submit an appeal, again stating that facts. eBay is set up to favor the buyer, but it does not stop sellers from doing shady stuff.

I've seen sellers send junk just to get the tracking to reflect that it was delivered, then when you contact them, they claim it's a free gift and the real item is on the way, and to just wait...

I've also had sellers send me the wrong thing by mistake, having misplaced the item I ordered, and then get mad at me when I tell them that I want the correct thing and am willing to wait for them to find it.

RyX and Paul76 like this.
  16. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I started a claim on the honeabout an hour ago. Their tracking shows that it was delivered to the original zip code it came from. I also took screenshot of the message where he said it arrived to him and he will resend it.

RyX, Herm2502, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  17. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

The seller sent the new tracking info after the did not receive case was opened. So hopefully it makes it here instead of back to his house again. I’ll call the post office tomorrow to make sure it was addressed right this time.

mrchick likes this.
  18. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Looks like this one's gonna be hand delivered.

nikos.a, RyX and Herm2502 like this.
  19. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

Or delivered with a drone with an attached camera to see the whole delivering process!

20. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

The hone finally arrived yesterday. I think my ad’s have been cured for a while after this PITA. It was probably the most irritating buy I have made on there.

RyX likes this.