stroppe Shoppe Russian tea

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by theFAT98, Oct 20, 2014.

1. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

This is my first soap review. Hope you enjoy it.

Let me start by saying this soap smells exactly like the southern drink that its named after. It smells exactly like my grandmothers recipe. Its a fall drink that a lot of southern grandmothers make.

This soap is super easy to load and just as easy to lather. I was shocked by how easy it was.

The scent is AMAZING. Strong but not annoyingly strong. Imagine fresh orange with cinnamon and clove. Kind of a sweet smell. My favorite scent of any soaps I own. I see no need for aftershave as the smell is great.

The lather has a shine to it and feels extremely soft on the face. It's also very slick. Which is big to me.

The face feel is truly amazing. Soft and doesn't feel dry.

I honestly have to give this soap a 10out of 10. This is my first soap from stroppe Shoppe but after this experience it won't be my last.

Ill end by saying if you don't have it. Go and get it. Its that good. After one shave its now in my top five.

RaZorBurn123, Slow Joe and Bristle Me like this.
  2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:signs011:I have several Strop Shoppe Soaps. They are excellent performers and I enjoy the scents. So far I have Alpine Frost, Barbershoppe, Bay Rum, and Baker Street.

3. theFAT98

Ill have to try more. I'm very impressed.

4. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

Good review. I have Baker St and love it.:)

Ed

5. theFAT98

I can't stop smelling it. Its amazing.

6. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

@jmsodpc I heard from another guy that the Austin scent is similar to 1805 from T&H. I hope that it's true. I enjoyed the strop shoppe barbershoppe while I had it, and the scent was very nice. The 6oz. Tubs are also a nice selling point.

No soap review is complete without a Lather Shot!!

Encore, encore....encore....

7. theFAT98

I thought about that after I posted. Ill try and get a picture tomorrow.

8. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

No worries my friend, I'm just giving ya a hard time, thanks for the review, nice work.

9. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

@theFAT98, glad you like the soap! I always hear great things about Strop Shoppe, I'm surprised that I don't hear it mentioned more on the boards.
    @Boojum1, what's Alpine frost like? I've been wanting to try that for a little while now. That, along with PPF, CRSW, Beer soap brewing, Tiki, and B&M. Decisions, decisions... :rolleyes:

10. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Thanks for the great review. What are the other soaps in your top five?

theFAT98 likes this.
  11. theFAT98

Mitchell's wool fat
    institut karite
    mikes coconut
    stroppe Shoppe Russian tea
    razorock king Louis lavender

Slow Joe likes this.
  12. theFAT98

This is my first and it is amazing. I will definitely get more.

13. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I finished my russian tea and figured the strop shoppe tub is a nice fit for a MWF puck..

I have been using Austin and think its fantastic too. Strop shoppe makes a fine product.

theFAT98 likes this.
  14. theFAT98

I can't imagine being without it now.

15. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Damn, now Strop shoppe's even farther up my highly competitive "Next Soap" list; maybe Rosemary mint...

theFAT98 likes this.
  16. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

My mom always made Russian Tea anytime it was cold outside and I loved the smell that took over the whole house. I have some embrocation for cold weather cycling in this scent and I would like to try A Russian tea shave soap at some point.

theFAT98 likes this.
  17. theFAT98

It smells exactly like Russian tea. It took me back to being a kid and my grandmother making it.

Not only does it smell fantastic but it works great to.

18. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

I have to exercise some restraint but I noticed after placing my orders with other vendors today that Russian Tea is on sale for $13.99 at strop shoppe! With tax (they are in my state) and shipping it basically becomes a free shipping deal.

Honestly the $20 price tag is the reason I haven't tried it yet but right now I have several soaps I haven't even opened and can't justify another one, no matter how badly I want to.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice review! I'll add this to my must buy list. :happy088:

theFAT98 likes this.
  20. theFAT98

Honestly the more I use it the more I like it. Will always be in my den.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.