Stubby brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Straight Arrow, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

I have a couple of antique brushes that have very short bristles, I mean short. About 1.5 inches on one and on the other only about an inch of bristle. I have used both and am finding that I really like them for lathering directly on the face with creams or for lathering in a mug with hard soaps. Of course I'm not getting an explosion of lather but I am able to control the application very well. They also provide a better massage than larger and/or floppier brushes. I don't know if these brushes were manufactured this way or if the original owners modified them to their own preference. Whatever, I do enjoy using them in the rotation.

2. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I have a vintage brush of maybe 1.25 inches hair length which I love to use the same way! It really soaks up the lather during the building up process, so multiple passes without needing to apply more lather to my face is no problem. And it is super soft, for days when I need that super soft feeling before a harsh world draws me in. ::lam

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I think you might like this brush :D

shavingbrushjtr1.jpg

or maybe this one:

short brush.jpg

In all seriousness, I think they used to make brushes with much shorter lofts. Modern day brushes are much bigger and have larger loft-sizes.

4. Smedley

Smedley New Member

The second brush would be PERFECT for my nostril hair razor adventures!

:D

Bigger loft ain't always better.

5. Kizurra

Kizurra Well-Known Member

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

7. Kizurra

Kizurra Well-Known Member

was gonna cut and paste a part for another thread but it did not work.

swarden43 likes this.